VP - Portfolio Analytics-Core Analytics (ISG Operations)
Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley, provides fund administration services to the world’s leading hedge funds. With over $600+ billion in Assets under Administration, the division employs over 1,200 professionals globally, with offices in New York, Dublin, London, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Glasgow and Bangalore.
The Portfolio Analytics group within Morgan Stanley Fund Services focuses on helping clients analyze, understand and report Investment risk and performance of client’s portfolios, provide portfolio transparency reporting, derivatives valuation and other portfolio analytics needs of Morgan Stanley’s global hedge fund clientele. We leverage the group’s proprietary web-based applications and work closely with hedge fund clients and other teams within the division.
The Portfolio Analytics team is currently seeking a Vice President candidate based in Mumbai, India who is interested in applying his/her skills in the business area concerning analysis and analytical tools. The candidate will need to utilize his/her business knowledge, process management, and people skills to effectively manage the team and client deliverables. The role will include significant collaboration with teams across the globe, particularly in New York, Hong Kong, and London.
- Provide guidance and supervision on day-to-day activities to ensure timely clients deliverables
- Supervise discussion with IT colleagues in maintenance and improvement of various proprietary analytical tools
- Guide the team in interactions with global team and clients on analytics offerings
- Streamline existing processes by proactively engaging with relevant stakeholders
- Active participation and contribution in building new analytical tools
- 10+ years of experience in financial services. Hedge funds experience will be an advantage
- Hands on experience in successfully managing teams
- Strong understanding of equities, fixed income and derivatives products
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving ability
- Team player with strong people leadership abilities
- Experience in coding language like Excel-VBA or R will be an added advantage
- Attention to detail and must constantly look for ways to improve operational efficiency
- Self-motivator with strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to take ownership of assigned task and drive it independently
- MBA/BE/BTech with 10+ years of relevant experience
- CFA and FRM preferred
The role requires working in shift from 12 pm – 9 pm and following US Holiday calendarFor further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.