Core Operations, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
Primary responsibilities will be to provide Single Point of Contact (SPOC) support between Business units and Transaction Services processing teams. The candidate will be responsible for actioning valid incoming inquiries raised to BRIM for instruction escalations and posting corrections in an expedited manner. Candidate should have a strong understanding of trade processing as well as excellent written and oral communication and relationship management skills.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Core Operations, Senior Associate you will
- Closely monitor and action queries from various Business units to escalate and/or correct instructions that have been sent to Transaction Services, facilitating accurate and timely responses.
- Determine root cause leading to escalations.
- Work closely with our Transaction Services processing teams to process escalated transactions.
- Screen and/or process transactions as required.
- Collaborate with upstream and downstream teams across our Transaction Services organization to create efficiencies of the trade flows.
- Maintain professional and courteous interactions with all staff and teams at all times.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with our offshore partners.
- Maintain a mindset of “Risk Excellence” at all times.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong processing skills (both accounting and custody)
- Strong experience of interdepartmental communication and interaction at all levels
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ideally knowledge of Transaction Services
- Ability to prioritize and multitask effectively
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Manual or Electronic processing experience in Transaction Services
- Knowledge of State Street Operations Systems
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.