Group Tax Analyst
We’re Kingfisher. You might know us as B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama, Brico Depot or Koçtaş. We’re made up of over 78,000 passionate people, call over 1,300 stores home and operate in 8 countries. That’s right, we’re big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. We want to become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world. And that’s where you come in.
At Kingfisher our customers come from all walks of life, and so do we. We want to ensure that all colleagues, future colleagues, and applicants to Kingfisher are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
If you require any additional support or reasonable adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at email@example.com
We advocate the benefits of a flexible and hybrid working environment, recognising that this means different things, to different people, in different roles. Want to apply as a job share or propose a way of working that isn’t the traditional 9am – 5.30pm, Monday through to Friday? We’re all ears!
As a Tax Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting in the delivery of Group Tax reporting requirements and UK focused direct tax compliance. You would assist the tax team in supporting delivery of business projects transfer pricing support.
What you’ll be doing:
- Tax analysis in all areas of Group taxation, primarily direct tax
- Forecasting, budgeting, and critical analysis of results
- Tax reporting internally and externally
- UK tax compliance for selected entities
- Management and optimisation of the UK cash tax payment cycle
- Assisting with tax authority queries
- Supporting the Kingfisher plc management services review with oversight from the Head of Transfer Pricing
What experience you’ll bring:
- To succeed in this role, you would need to have been trained in an Accountancy firm or be experienced in the tax industry
- Naturally, you would have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Being highly analytical would soar in this role
- Having a good understanding of tax accounting and tax reporting requirements would help you excel in this role
- We would need you to have sound tax technical knowledge, ideally UK
This is an exciting opportunity to join our global business. In return, we provide an inspirational working environment, a competitive benefits package and opportunities to stretch and grow your career. Interested? Great, apply now!