Senior Analyst, Finance
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Global Brands & Commercial Services Finance, the Senior Analyst supports regional financial reporting and analysis for Global Brands & Commercial Services functions as well as other functions, such as Distribution Services, Technology and Communications. The position will be responsible for providing analytical support for commercial and brand initiatives across EMEA and APAC regions, developing business relationships, identifying profitable opportunities, anticipating challenges, and devising and executing strategies to deliver against current and future global priorities. The position will utilise tools and processes that align reporting conventions across the Global Brands and Commercial Services and Technology organisations in conjunction with FP&A and Corporate Accounting.
What will I be doing?
Planning Activities – 25%
• Identify financial and/or operational opportunities and drive results through detailed analysis of operating financials, including development of annual operating plan
• Utilise tools and processes to support Global Brands, Commercial Services, Technology and Communications
• Researches and helps to identify business drivers for Global Brands, Commercial Services, Technology and Communications, and reports findings and conclusions to upper management.
• Documents and evaluates allocation processes internal to GBCS and educates stakeholders on opportunities/sensitivities to streamline and/or automate
• Coordinates the development of a monthly business reviews spanning GBCS/ Technology functions, focusing on cost drivers, trends, and identifying corrective action.
• Supports other corporate initiatives, including, but not limited to, financial systems-related projects
Organising Activities – 35%
• Effectively communicates, with the ability to clearly and concisely express ideas both verbally and in writing.
• Works with key stakeholders and departments, structuring the resources and activities of the department/project so objectives are accomplished.
• Disseminates, organises and communicates regarding assignments and projects within the department
• Evaluates and streamlines business processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within the department.
• Manages the cross-functional links between Finance, Operations, Brands, and Commercial Services.
Controlling Activities – 40%
• Assesses actual performance against target to determine whether GBCS is on target to reach goals and takes corrective actions as necessary
• Reviews monthly accruals to ensure activity spend is accurately recorded each month, and in line with forecast
• Provide International Brand fund analysis for each international brand to GBCS Brand director, highlighting key movements in actuals/forecast
• Ensures business plans are being followed and goals are being achieved and provides feedback accordingly.
• Enforces policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the department and Company.
• Support required GBCS and other functions with the monthly re-forecast and annual budget
• Provide necessary guidance to corporate accounting as required
• Ad Hoc analysis as necessary
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
• Prepare special projects on a regular basis, including project analysis, etc
• Any and all other job duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
• Effective communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely express ideas both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to analyze financial, statistical, and operational data.
• Excellent interpersonal skills that build trust and instils confidence in order to motivate and influence others.
• Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
• Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritise and implement all elements required for team to fulfil responsibilities in accordance with core strategic goals.
• Strong problem solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems; ability to help develop problem solving skills among other team members as appropriate.
• Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritise responsibilities.
• Ability to collaborate with others and act in an objective manner in order to effectively solve problems and stay on track towards accomplishing organisational goals.
• Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage details through to completion and ensure project deadlines are met.
• Knowledge of business mathematics, including ability to calculate percentage changes and averages/weighted averages; working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including ability to understand/manipulate basic spreadsheets.
• BA/ BSC / Bachelor’s Degree or qualification in lieu of
• Related finance experience
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
• Advanced degree in Finance preferred, or qualification in lieu of
• Proficiency with Oracle Smart View, Hyperion Essbase, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Experience working with and/or familiarity with Sales, Revenue Management, multi-channel Distribution and other commercial performance areas
• Familiarity with franchise/shared service model inclusive various fee/funding streams and rules/regulations surrounding use of each fee stream
• High level of proficiency in Excel preferred.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!