Finance Analyst (PTP)
As Analyst PTP Glasgow, you will work with the Manager of PTP within Hilton’s UK Centre of Excellence. You will play a part in providing control oversight of Procure to Pay process and correct expenditure accounting within Hilton by supporting efficient operation of processing and paying over 450,000 transactions annually, covering a spend in excess of GBP0.5bn. The post holder will be expected to coach and collaborate with Team Members in the Shared Service, Center of Excellence, Corporate and Hotel locations to ensure their defined subprocesses are managed and measured right the first time and identify areas to optimize delivery within their area of e2e control.
You will be expected to have oversight of the lifecycle of purchase expense management and be able to support other members of the team to achieve optimal performance in the PTP Tower. Experience in Procure to Pay process (or other high volume processing and accounting environments), outsourced service provider partnering (Shared Service Center), data mining, data and process as well as identifying and delivering structured scalable improvements are essential attributes in this role.
Under the direction and guidance of the PTP Manager, you will be responsible for control oversight and intervention in the delivery and improvement of the PTP processes to ensure payment performance is optimized, financial controls are complied and performance metric targets are achieved: all right first time. This position has a strong affiliation with Accounts Payable processes.
The Analyst PTP will own sub-process performance and will have oversight across the PTP tower for end-to-end process and accounting understanding. This includes correct accounting treatment and VAT compliance within IFRS and HMRC guidelines. Furthermore, you will:
- Be responsible for achieving 100% Operational Effectiveness of defined Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) controls and robust compliance in Hotel audits testing.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders including Hilton Supply Management, suppliers, Corporate and Hotel management and Operational Finance Teams to identify and deliver optimal operational delivery as well as identification of sustainable improvement in their area of control. Improvement will be structured by following Lean Sigma project management methodology.
- Have responsibility to identify improvements and replication opportunity across similar processes in PTP Tower and seek further opportunity to drive standardization in UK and US regions.
- Participate and play a part in engendering a sense of empowerment in the pursuit of top quartile performance, supporting and driving the development and delivery of PTP operations on a day-to-day basis.
- Have the ability to understand and interpret Center of Excellence and Shared Service performance metrics associated with their subprocess and will collaborate with Shared Service Center, Hilton Supply Management, Suppliers and Hotel and Corporate stakeholders to ensure optimal compliance to target performance.
- Leverage data mining and analysis skills to agree and drive evidence-based interventions needed to ensure targets are met and optimized. Key to the success of the role will be the ability to communicate and adapt to change as required. The post holder will possess the capacity to effectively contribute towards a strong customer-focused ethos while ensuring that a robust control environment is maintained.
What are we looking for?
To fulfil this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
You will be accountable for maximizing the value derived from one Service Now ticketing solution by identifying opportunities to further leverage the Service Now platform to manage other sub processes across the PTP function. Additionally, you will be a key driver in enhancing efficiency by introducing more customer centric functionality such as chat, auto chat and integration with other applications to drive automated standard inquiry response.
- Relevant analytical work experience including data analysis in finance or financial service high volume, high value transaction processing functions.
- Exceptional critical thinking and both quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and decision making skills to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and to provide recommendations for optimal solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and comprehension skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Proficient in MS Excel and Data analysis. Experienced in project management delivery.
- Experience with Oracle PeopleSoft, Blackline, Concur applications would be preferred.