Internal Auditor EMEA (Hybrid-working)
Hilton has been consistently highly ranked in Great Places to Work Globally and is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 6,900 properties and over 1 million rooms in 122 countries and territories. In the 103 years since our founding, we have defined the hospitality industry and established a portfolio of 18 world-class brands, including our flagship Hilton Hotels & Resorts brand, which is the most recognized hotel brand in the world. We have more than 115 million members in our award–winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors.
This is an excellent opportunity to join the EMEA Internal Audit team serving as a critical business partner to the Finance Department and multiple functional departments throughout the Company. We protect and improve the organization by providing risk-based objective assurance, insights, and advice to add value through our work.
The Internal Auditor will contribute to project reviews of financial, operational, compliance risks controls from planning, execution and to final report issuance. This position will be part of a team primarily responsible for risk-based hotel audits across Hilton’s Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) operations, Global Corporate SOX compliance program and may also be asked to support cross-regional reviews across Hilton's Asia Pacific (APAC) and Americas regions. The role also provides opportunity to assist with implementing data analytics capabilities, performing IT Controls testing, involvement in Global Sales audits, review of Centralized Accounting Offices, as well as a variety of global projects.
The Internal Auditor role will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Efficient execution of assigned projects included on the department's risk-based Internal Audit Plan, including audits of hotels, corporate functions, shared services, and other business areas (as needed).
• Participate in detailed testing of key financial controls in support of the company's Internal Controls over Financial Reporting.
• Conduct independent and objective assessments of internal controls, financial results, corporate processes, hotel operations, compliance requirements, etc.
• Help refine departmental methodologies and deliverables in accordance with professional standards.
• Prepare draft audit programs, request listings, testing strategies, and other pre-audit planning activities aimed at ensuring an efficient and effective audit.
• Coordinate travel plans and logistics for scheduled audits.
• Ensure timely project execution and project / workpaper closure.
• Execute Internal Audit projects, internal controls testing, and preparing workpapers / reports in accordance with department and Institute of Internal Auditor (IIA) standards.
• Partner with corporate functions and hotel management to develop corrective action plans in response to Internal Audit observations and subsequent follow-ups to ensure closure.
• Educate and advise property management and process owners on accounting and internal control requirements.
• Build relationships and work closely with regional leadership to identify and mitigate property and Corporate-level risks.
• Various ad hoc projects for Internal Audit leadership and/or regional management.
• Partner with co-sourced Internal Audit resources and "guest auditors" on various audit projects.
What are we looking for?
This role is ideally suited to someone who is ACA / ACCA /CIA qualified or may not have completed their studies and looking for a new direction. You will have a background in audit either from an accounting firm or within a similar in-house role and will be looking to further develop your career within internal audit. This role will require significant travel (approximately 25% of time) including international destinations
Keys skills, qualifications and experience required will include:
• Superb communication skills to clearly and concisely express ideas both verbally and in writing to all levels of management
• Excellent interpersonal skills that build trust and instill confidence to motivate and influence others
• Strong financial, statistical, and operational data analytical skills, including ability to effectively address issues and the ability to identify and prevent potential problems
• Ability to work well under time constraints and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
• Ability to collaborate and act in an independent and objective manner in order to effectively solve problems and stay on track towards accomplishing organizational goals
• Project / time management skills, including handling details through to completion and ensuring project deadlines are met
• Chartered Accountant (CA, ACA or ACCA) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) candidate a plus (fully or part qualified)
• Prior use of advanced data analysis techniques, audit, and financial systems (e.g., Alteryx, Tableau, AuditBoard, advanced Excel, Excel Macros/VBA, Power BI, Oracle Applications)