Group Finance Accountant
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
About the Division
Finance at THG is a rapidly growing and evolving team, covering all areas of finance from central functions such as accounts receivable and payable, treasury, tax and internal audit, to specific commercial teams for each of our divisions; Beauty, Tech, Consumer, Health and Brands. As the business expands and takes on new challenges in the form of acquired businesses or new ventures, finance is there to support every step of the way, leading to dynamic and challenging roles – no two days are the same! Common characteristics among our team are the ability to drive change, adaptability and resourcefulness, to ensure we can keep pace with the business, without compromising on financial control or sales performance.
About the Role
The Group is a listed business with increasing corporate governance requirements. These are across the UK and globally. You will lead on a critical role in delivering our UK statutory reporting requirements whilst also supporting on the THG PLC Group audit, interim review and project work. Sitting at a Group level, you will see all divisions of the business and work closely with our commercial teams, you will therefore be someone who is personable and keen to build strong relationships and networks across the business. You will have strong project management skills driving high quality deliverables on time.
You will be part of the Group Finance team, reporting into the Group Financial Reporting Manager and Group Financial Reporting Director whilst also having managerial responsibilities. In addition you will gain exposure to senior stakeholders and the Senior Leadership team.
Your day to day responsibilities will (but not limited to) be as follows;
- Lead on group-wide UK compliance responsibilities,
- Deliver high quality financial statements compliant with FRS 101 (IFRS),
- Develop a project plan, direct and mentor junior members of the team in line with the plan and use tools to monitor each cycle from planning to delivery,
- Build strong networks across the business, regularly liaising with the divisional teams, legal and tax teams.
- Be the point of contact for advisors and auditors as required,
- Support the wider Group Financial reporting team on the delivery of the THG Group audit, interim and other reporting requirements,
- Opportunity to get involved with one off projects,
- Constantly challenge the status quo on how we can improve controls across the Group, implement ideas and improvements to strength our financial controls,
- Report to the Group Financial Reporting Manager and Director regularly on key issues,
- Regularly update the Deputy CFO on the progress.
- Understanding the principles of accounting and auditing, demonstrating a keen eye for detail,
- Strong communication skills as this will involve dealing with a wide range of stakeholders across the business,
- An individual who is keen to build strong networks,
- Financial Reporting experience and strong knowledge of IFRS,
- Understanding of financial controls framework, desired,
- Excellent reporting skills and being able to summarise the work performed in a simple and presentable way,
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA),
- Experience working within a fast-paced environment,
- Planning and organisational skills with proven ability to meet deadlines,
- A confident mindset, comfortable in dealing with a wide range of key stakeholders.
This role will be based out of our Manchester Airport offices. Whilst we do offer hybrid working, you would be required to attend the office at least 3 days a week.
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.