Financial Controller: Glossybox
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
About Finance at THG
Finance at THG is a rapidly growing and evolving team, covering all areas of finance from central functions such as accounts receivable and payable, treasury, tax and internal audit, to specific commercial teams for each of our divisions; Beauty, Tech, Consumer, Health and Brands. As the business expands and takes on new challenges in the form of acquired businesses or new ventures, finance is there to support every step of the way, leading to dynamic and challenging roles – no two days are the same! Common characteristics among our team are the ability to drive change, adaptability and resourcefulness, to ensure we can keep pace with the business, without compromising on financial control or sales performance.
About the Role
This role is within the Beauty Division’s Finance function, reporting to the Head of Finance and offers exposure to our amazing global brands which is forecasting revenues of c.£1bn for FY22. The successful Financial Controller will be managing the Glossybox account. This role offers global coverage to finance business partner the key teams in the division who have been central in making our double digit growth a phenomenal success, whilst communicating insightful and timely management information to key stakeholders.
Main role and responsibilities:
- Finance Business Partner with Partnership, Commercial Marketing & Buying senior leaders to develop and support on brand financial plans to optimise brand profitability
- Pro-actively deliver and manage robust templates and models to support the wider teams and understand key income drivers
- A confident mindset, comfortable in dealing with a wide range of non-financial key stakeholders
- Produce and deliver insightful month-end variance analysis to Senior Leaders
- An aspiring leader, who thrives on being able to drive and work with an ambitious team to achieve defined profit initiatives
- Weekly reconciliations between finance data cube and core systems to ensure integrity of the data
- This role involves direct reports that are working towards their accountancy qualification
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ ACCA/ ACA)
- Analytical skills, with the ability to effectively summarise and interpret data to wide range of stakeholders (SQL desirable)
- Ambitious and keen to add instant value across reporting
- Proven record of delivering against targets
- Strong leadership skills and stakeholder management with the ability to influence
- Team work to achieve division strategy and goals
- Ideally you will have experience working in a retail business
This role will be based out of our Manchester Airport offices. Whilst we do offer hybrid working, you would be required to attend the office at least 3 days a week.
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.