IT Internal Auditor
- Primark Ireland
- Dublin, Ireland
- 07 Nov 2022
- 07 Dec 2022
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Compliance/risk, Internal audit
- Digital, Retail and FMCG
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Role: IT Internal Auditor
Purpose of role:
As a key member of the Primark Internal Audit team, you will perform risk-based technology audits. You will contribute to the effectiveness and development of the Technology Internal Audit function at Primark, evaluate and help enhance the maturity of the internal control environment and provide appropriate guidance and support to the technology leadership team.
This is an outstanding and unique career opportunity to join an exciting and fast growing value fashion retail group. The role is based in our impressive International Headquarters in the heart of Dublin city. The Internal Audit team is part of the Finance function and services the Primark business as a whole. Primark is part of the Associated British Foods Group (ABF).
The role reports directly to the IT Internal Audit Manager, with a strong dotted line to the Primark Chief Risk Officer, ABF Head of IT Audit and the ABF Director of Financial Control.
The position involves planning, executing and reporting on a range of technology internal audit assignments and delivering work to schedule. The role helps to ensure that emerging technology risks are addressed, internal controls are appropriately designed, operationally effective and are aligned with Primark and ABF objectives. Specific skills in cyber and information security are particularly desirable.
The position by its nature offers unique exposure to our high energy business, its operations and people. It offers interesting and challenging work across a variety of financial, operational and regulatory engagements. For the right candidate this role offers the potential for significant personal development and a strong career path in the business.
The role requires some travel.
You will be expected to deliver high quality audit work, ensuring completion on time, including:
- Planning audit fieldwork, establishing good rapport with stakeholders across the business;
- Assessing risk and influencing stakeholders on actions for remediation and improvement;
- Producing excellent working papers, drafting clear and concise reports to senior leadership;
- Assisting in the deliverance of a portfolio of risk-based, end-to-end technology audits;
- Assisting with the preparation of quarterly progress reports to local and ABF management;
- Tracking previous audit issues, updating progress and gathering evidence of remediation;
- Completing ad-hoc support to business process and financial auditors using data analytics;
- Completing ad-hoc project governance tasks relating to IT risks, as and when required;
- Collaborating with stakeholders across the business to strengthen the three lines of defence (3LOD) model.
Essential skills, knowledge, and experience:
If you meet the below criteria and have the energy and commitment to join our exciting business, then we want to hear from you!
- Professional technology audit qualification (Certified Information Systems Auditor - CISA);
- Proficient in applying a risk based audit approach and testing expected internal controls;
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in the fields of IT audit, external assurance or IT security;
- Curious, self-starter, with ability to adapt to change and multi-task;
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data;
- Strong report writing skills, with an ability to focus on higher level overview;
- Planning and organisation skills, ability to prioritise work schedule within agreed timescales;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written);
- Third level education in a related field;
- Commercial mind-set and value-add focus, and;
- Qualifications such as CISM, CISSP, ITIL are desirable, although not essential.
- Emotional intelligence and ability to push back with professionalism;
- Proven ability in developing effective work relationships across all levels of the organisation;
- High level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism;
- Sound judgment and unquestionable ethics with high degree of transparency and trust;
- Effective presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.