Accounts Manager | Divisional Controlling | Al Futtaim Automotive | Finance
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:
Responsible for providing Accounting Advisory, Accounting Policies and Process guidance, Audit Support and Driving Balance Sheet Substantiation for Quality Financials by effective & efficient processes reviews, liaison for exception resolution and reporting.
What you will do:
Accounting Policy & Advisory
- Provide Support to Group and Divisional Policy and Advisory Head in developing Financial Internal Controls, Controls Assessment and Reporting / Standardisation Framework
- Support Group Finance in review, gap analysis and preparation of Group Accounting Policies.
- Support and play key role in drafting Divisional Accounting Policies and Process Notes based on the identified process gaps, internal audit recommendations as well BU request for specific areas requiring accounting guidance and advisory.
- Assisting with the implementation of new accounting policy requirements through producing detailed technical analysis in this area and contributing to Group discussions as subject matter expert.
- Prepare and present accounting training sessions to the Finance & Operations teams where applicable on IAS, Accounting Policies and IFRS.
- Provide Support and Guidance to BU FP&A and Controlling teams on Complex Accounting Judgements.
- Driving the overall Insurance Requirements of Business Units, ensuring coverage of all risk. Liaise with BU and Insurance providers to ensure insurance coverage are available to mitigate all the financial loss risks and any statutory / covenant requirements.
- Support in liaison with P&C and EIT team in implementation of Collection Infrastructure, integration to Books of accounts and related touchpoints
Balance Sheet substantiation / Process Reviews
- Liaison with Shared Service Centres and BU Finance Team to ensure all the required processes for Financial Period Close ae performed on time to ensure Quality Financials
- Play key role in driving Balance Sheet Substantiation implementation and rollout process, periodic reviews of misstatement, liaison and escalation of key risk areas for resolution
- Prepare necessary details / reports for Entity Level Scorecards / Issues Resolution Drive
- Review SSF KPI / SLA and initiate discussions with respective stakeholder for review and identification of improvement areas with detailed implementation plan and timelines
- Liaise with Business Units to align on creation of any Legal entity establishment and closure. Ensuring Books of accounts structure are defined for the new entities as well ensuring all the accounting and legal processes are completed for closure of any entities.
- Provide Support on overall tracking of Audit Progress, Alignment with Audit Program and Timelines
- Coordinate with Shared Services and BU team to ensure that auditor’s requirements are being provided in a timely and accurate manner.
- Support the FM / Sr. FM in Preparation of Standalone / Consolidated Financial Statements of required entities
- Liaise with Auditors and BU teams on Other Certification Requirement from Auditors (Revenue Certificates, ICV Certificate ESR etc.)
- Support to FM / Sr. FM on any specific reporting requirement of Group Finance for Fs preparation, Consolidation and other analysis
Required skills to be successful:
- Exposure to ERP. ( Preferably SAP) and SAP BW/ BPC
- Analytical and Process Oriented
About The Team:
The role will report to Senior Finance Manager. The job holder constantly interacts with Business Finance and GMs and Auto finance leadership. The position also interface with other Automotive Finance functions in ensuring quality monthly financials.
What equips you for the role:
- Professional accounting qualification. (CA / ACCA / CPA / or equivalent)
- 2 to 5 years relevant experience within a large organization in a supervisory level
About Al-Futtaim Automotive
A major division of the UAE-based Al-Futtaim Group of companies, Al-Futtaim Automotive is an industry leader with presence in 10 countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Our core business activities at Al-Futtaim Automotive include distribution, manufacturing, leasing and aftersales, and we are firmly established as the regional representative of some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands: Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Volvo and RAM.
We are driven by a customer-centric approach, constantly pushing the boundaries on innovation, quality standards, and value-added service across our vast universe of customers - right from motoring enthusiasts to fleet operators to contractors. Our mission is to become the leader in custom-made mobility solutions by delivering nothing less than world-class omni-channel experiences.
We channel our local expertise and global trust to deliver one of the most comprehensive portfolios of mobility products and solutions, from passenger cars to SUVs, electric vehicles to high-performance motorbikes, commercial vehicles to industrial & construction equipment.
What keeps the company moving forward is a 9000-member strong team, with inspiring possibilities for growth, throughout the career path.
This is Al-Futtaim Automotive and we empower talent to move forward.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.