Senior Client Relationship Manager
Reports to Associate Director
The purpose of this role is to provide fund administration expertise, technical guidance and training in conjunction with the Associate Director to one of our Private Equity teams based in Guernsey. The team in question is responsible for the relationship of one of the Group’s largest clients running the day-to-day operations of a substantial portfolio of fund structures.
The successful candidate will be a senior hire, responsible for leading the delivery of the client relationship through effectively managing dedicated Client Relationship Managers and the administration teams to deliver a superior standard of service in the marketplace.
- Responsible for managing the service delivery for the PE business along with the Associate Director
- Maintain and build client relationships ensuring that the delivery of client service meets agreed service levels
- Maintain and build relationships with Intermediaries (Law firms, auditors, banks etc)
- Act as a mentor to Client Relationship Managers and supervise and assist in the training and development of staff. Motivate, nurture and develop engaged employees
- Manage the administration of clients’ affairs within a team, ensuring that all requirements of the service level agreement are adhered
- Act as a higher authority on day-to-day queries and as “A” level 4-eyes signatory on administration matters, ensuring that company policy and professional and regulatory guidelines are adhered to and that a professional quality service is provided to clients and outside contacts
- Ensure that the Operational Procedures Manuals and ISAE checklist templates are reviewed and are fully complied with
- Contribute towards the business-as-a-whole, for instance, in identifying improvements in policies and procedures that apply across the business; create a holistic approach to administration
- Maximise revenue earning by reviewing WIP incurred and team utilisation and identifying extra billing opportunities and taking appropriate action
- Actively manage the appraisal process for reporting lines
- Act as an “A” level Authorised Signatory
- Oversee and Manage ad-hoc projects with the client aligned to their growth plans.
Skills, knowledge, expertise:
- Considerable practical fund or strong administration experience ideally supported by a relevant professional qualification (ICSA or equivalent)
- The candidate is required to have 8+ years’ financial services experience
- Strong technical financial services knowledge (to be supported through the Aztec Academy)
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required to develop close working relationships with colleagues, clients and business contacts
- Strong people management experience and experience in leading teams
- Team leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and develop others
- Experience and track record of day-to-day management and supervision of a team
- Evidence of managing a major client relationship
- Experience in onboarding new structures and the regulatory process.
We will provide the training, both in house for relevant technical knowledge and also for professional qualifications to enhance your ability to provide sound managerial services. You will need to be quick to learn new systems and great with people, as close working relationships between our colleagues and clients is at the heart of what we do.