Purchase-to-Pay - Direct (Analyst)_Contract
We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers, and for a sustainable future.
We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to progress.
Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, orientation, and background. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Around 111,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio comprises six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €78.6 billion in 2021. BASF shares are traded on the stock exchange in Frankfurt (BAS) and as American Depositary Receipts (BASFY) in the U.S. Further information at www.basf.com.
The BASF Shared Services Center Kuala Lumpur was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, it has approximately 700 employees and provides functional services in the areas of Finance, Controlling, Information Services, Human Resources, Environment, Health & Safety, Procurement, and Import-Export Order Management to BASF companies and affiliates in 17 markets across Asia Pacific. BASF also has three other Shared Service Centers that cover Europe and the Americas, located in Berlin and Ludwigshafen, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay.
Objectives of the Position
- Provide expediting services identified within the Procurement Service to BASF group companies in accordance with established policies, guidelines, processes and work procedures, which in compliance with BASF procurement policies and local company legal and statutory requirements.
- Work closely with other service delivery streams to ensure smooth purchase-to-pay integration
- Ensure timeliness and quality standard to meet the agreed Service Levels Agreement (SLA) with respective stakeholders.
Main Areas of Responsibilities and Key Activities
- Act as the main focal point for BASF entities and Suppliers across the globe for all activities related to scheduling and expediting
- Close co-ordination with buyers from BASF group companies, suppliers and local supply chain team. Act as a focal point for order management.
- Follow up order processes including obtaining shipment schedule and shipping documents on time and update shipment details into system.
- Ensure delivery capability and reliability of all orders in order to meet the SLA.
- Feedback / provide information to respective planners, buyers and local supply chain team on ETD, ETA, shipment status by preparing daily open PO monitoring report.
- Support and coordinate submission of shipping documents to relevant parties (e.g. Supply Chain) for logistic process.
- Actively manage suppliers to comply with BASF requirements for shipping requirements
- Analyze and coordinate with suppliers / planners on delivery date / order quantity requirements to meet plant production schedule
- Responsible for coordinating logistics and trade compliance issues, processes and procedures between various departments across BASF group.
- Support team members in resolving issues related to the service delivery including communication with suppliers, buyers and other BASF group departments.
- Communicate effectively and escalate issues in a timely manner to the immediate superior with proposed resolution and follow up of issues
- Coordinate NCM according to agreed procedure as investigator and/or as support for Buyer and/or Internal Business Partner, follow up until resolved with corrective action.
- Coordinate the handling of issues and claims with suppliers and affected internal Business Partners, escalate issues if required, track progress in the NCM system (Non Conformance Measurement), implement corrective actions to improve customer satisfaction and ensure that NCM notifications are closed timely
- Identification of pain points and process weaknesses.
- Support in project User Acceptance Test and process optimization.
- Ensure usage and support implementation of globally defined processes to drive operational excellence (e.g. guidelines, SLA).
- Execute & support procurement service transition from local country in a seamless manner and ensure that all transition activities are fully captured and completed within the agreed SLA
- Support specific country project if there is any
- Implementing new system / process changes and enhancements as well as involve and suggest system / process improvements.
- Perform any other work related tasks or projects as assigned by the Manager
Job Requirements (minimum requirement to carry out the work)
- Tertiary education preferably in Business Administration / Supply Chain Management / Logistics / Procurement
- 2-4 years of related working experience
- Work experience in Shared Service Centre in Procurement area is preferred
Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Functional knowledge and skills in using Microsoft applications, i.e. Words, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge & experience working in SAP environment with purchase-to-pay process
- Good analytical, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of commercial, economical and purchasing concepts
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Mandarin
- Knowledge of any other Asian language will be an added advantage
- Proactive and able to work under pressure and independently. Must have high sense of responsibility and commitment
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.