INTERNAL AUDIT MANAGER
This role is a great opportunity to work within a well-respected Internal Audit function which strives for continuous improvement, identifying pragmatic solutions to problems through the dynamic and forward-thinking approaches of the team.
Leading Midlands brand.
The role of Internal Audit Manager is to plan and deliver financial and operational audits, evaluate risk, controls and governance across the group in line with the approved Internal Audit Plan. The Internal Audit Manager works alongside the Internal Controls Manager to manage the Internal Audit team and maintain positive, productive, collaborative relationships with the Sites and Divisions.
This role reports into the Director of Internal Audit, who in turn reports directly to the CFO.
- Plan, lead and deliver audits across the business in accordance with the Audit Plan to identify and evaluate the significance of non-conformance with Group policies and procedures. Audits will cover key operational, commercial, financial or compliance risks and processes.
- Accountable for producing and improving audit reports and working with the business to agree audit recommendation improvements and timeframes.
- Evaluate and understand issues rapidly, identify areas for improvement and recommend innovative solutions, sharing best practice to strive for operational efficiency.
- Develop and maintain positive, productive and collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and maintain a thorough knowledge of the business and regulatory environment.
- Manage the Internal Audit Action Tracker. Managing key business risks, ensuring appropriate action plans are in place and holding management to account.
- Lead/support investigation work as a result of whistleblowing reports or breakdown in internal controls.
- Act as line manager to the Internal Auditor and Senior Internal Auditor within the team.
- Support the development of the Internal Auditors and Finance Graduate and others within the finance and wider business community.
§ Qualified accountant with substantial experience in external audit, internal audit and/or internal controls
§ Hands on experience of managing audits, covering a multi-site group
§ Team player with strong leadership skills
§ Strong verbal communication and numerical analytical ability
§ A self-starter able to form key working relationships and influence people across all levels
§ Confident and able to work well under pressure
§ High integrity, pragmatic and proactive to drive continuous improvement
§ Excellent organisation, project management and ability to delegate effectively
§ Managing direct reports
§ Can demonstrate commercial awareness/add value
§ Experience using SAP/ Navision
Superb package on offer.