Accounting & Compliance Reporting - Tax Senior
- Msida, MT, MSD
- Competitive remuneration package
- 04 Nov 2022
- 04 Dec 2022
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Compliance/risk, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY’s Accounting Compliance & Reporting (ACR) team provides a range of integrated services to assist clients to comply with reporting and regulatory obligations while allowing them to focus on their core business activities. Our services include bookkeeping, financial statements preparation, payroll, and administrative support.
If you are interested in being part of a dynamic team, serving clients and being their single point of contact on all matters relating to their business, ACR might be the career for you. As a member of the ACR team you will be offering professional services to local and global clients of the firm. You will work in an integrated manner and collaborate with other EY business units to offer to clients complete service solutions. Our aim is that your work and contribution to the team will bring many advantages to our clients, to us and to you.
Your key responsibilities
Everything you’ll do will come back to providing exceptional service to our clients. Some responsibilities include:
- Posting transactions and maintaining accounting records.
- Preparing management accounts, budgets and other financial reports required by clients.
- Preparing IFRS and GAPSME compliant financial statements.
- Assisting the entity’s Directors in ensuring the company's compliance.
- Assisting with daily administrative tasks and executing other ad-hoc requests.
- General administration of bank accounts.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Masters in Accountancy / Bachelor’s degree with Honours or currently in the final stages of obtaining an ACCA qualification or equivalent qualification.
- Good written, IT and verbal communication skills.
- Have a sound knowledge of IFRS and GAPSME reporting standards.
- Willingness to learn and develop professionally in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills.
- Keen attention to high quality, details and accuracy.
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you are ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.