Assistant, Global Business Solutions - Treasury - Cheltenham
- Highly competitive salary and flexible benefits
- 04 Nov 2022
- 04 Dec 2022
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Accounts payable/receivable, Audit, Tax, Treasury
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Assistant, Global Business Solutions - Treasury - Cheltenham
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 40,000 people in more than 150 countries and across more than 700 offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist - at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a difference by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
Purpose of the role:
Crowe’s growing Global Business Solutions department provides outsourced accounting and tax services to multinational companies. We are looking for a motivated, professional person preferably with experience in a key administration role who may also benefit us by having had exposure to Accounts Payable work and is looking to join our team on a full-time basis based in our Cheltenham office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for owning and delivering global payments processing for our clients. You will be working closely with all members of the Treasury team delivering a high quality of service and also ensuring that our clients’ employees are paid accurately and on time. You will also be expected to take the initiative in driving process improvements.
- Owning, managing and resolving queries from other departments and teams within the Crowe team and associated affiliates around the world.
- Reviewing and making recommendations for process improvements.
- Assisting the Treasury Manager with ad-hoc tasks and projects as required.
- Assisting the Treasury Manager to ensure that payments to our clients are made correctly and on time.
- Advanced Excel skills (preferable).
- Experience of working in a multi-country payments environment.
- Understanding of FX management (desirable).
- Experience of working with international clients (desirable).
- Experience of working to strict deadlines, displaying attention to detail (essential).
- Experience of an Accounts Payable environment (preferable).
What we are looking for in you
- Strong communicator with proven track record of building trust with both colleagues and clients.
- Highly motivated and driven professional who has a proactive approach to managing exceptions and anomalies in a payment process.
- Individual who takes accountability for results and ownership of tasks and possesses a high attention to detail.
Technical skills, experience & knowledge:
- An Accounts Payable qualification would be advantageous.
- Provide support and assistance for supervisor/manager, complete tasks/assignments given.
- Start to build good rapport with internal clients - responsible for ensuring responses to clients are made - all emails replied to within 24 hours or drafted for internal supervisor review or at the very least a holding email sent. Ensure internal control forms and checklists updated and completed.
- Reply to assigned internal queries (e.g. compliance, audit, tax) within set deadlines.
- Support all other team members, and contribute to training of new starters who join the team.
- Work with other departments including compliance, tax, etc. to provide client information and appreciate statutory deadlines/reporting requirements.
- Ensures any internal department controls and general housekeeping procedures are maintained in a timely manner.
- Have an understanding of the other teams that can impact on accounts/outsourcing i.e. payroll/tax department.
- Ability to manage your time efficiently, working to sometimes tight deadlines and across multiple projects.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.
Closing Date: 17 January 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.