Finance Manager | Asset & Liability Management | Al Futtaim Automotive | FP&A
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:
This role will support the Senior Financial Controller of Al Futtaim Financial Services and become the key lead in managing the ALM function of the business, managing the relationship with Automotive Divisional FP&A and Group Treasury.
What you will do:
Asset and liability Management
- Implementing an assets and liabilities strategy (gapping) that optimizes the company’s return, in accordance with the ALM Committee guidelines/ recommendations.
- Preparing ongoing assessment of asset & liability mismatches and managing the implementation of required short - and medium-term financing structures
- Develop risk measures, scenario analysis and stress testing and mitigating actions, to ensure all material risks are identified, quantified, managed, and reported.
- Support the management for capital, liquidity, interest rate, and other balance sheet risks via reporting against appetite and modelling forward-looking impacts and solutions.
- Determine the Company’s goals and funding risk and interest rate risk tolerance
- Management and mitigation of Liquidity Risk (including risks emanating from placement of fixed deposits)
- Management and mitigation of Foreign Currency and interest rate Risk
- Preparation of biweekly cash flow of financials services entities for submission into automotive Anaplan system, ensuring necessary alignment with different stakeholders
- Partner with business team to improve liquidity, over deliver budget targets, and actively manage working capital.
- Managing daily cash balances, and surplus cash for other assets
- Deliver insightful analysis of actual and projected capital, liquidity and Funding resources and constraints, to the business.
Policies and Procedures
- Understand and manage appropriate accounting procedures and processes related to debt and equity funding
- Support preparation of fiscal records and financial plans, policies, and reports
- Ensure compliance with policies
- Evaluates capital expenditures, investment activities and portfolio management
- Prepare, consolidate, and finalize Strategic Plan & Financial Implications (PL, BS, CF, Medium Term Funding Plan)
- Prepare, consolidate, and finalize Budget & Forecast
- Review and analyse monthly financial results (B/S, P&L and cash flow) and provide key observations / recommendations to Management
Required skills to be successful:
- Strong understanding of cash flow concepts / principles and forecasting a must with particular focus on Direct Cash Flow.
- Experience in Managing balance sheet risks and mitigation strategy
- Understanding of forex and treasury accounting including FX, liquidity, cashflow and various financial instruments
- Strong capabilities in complex financial modelling
About The Team:
The Finance Manager will be reporting to Senior Financial Controller. You will be working in a dynamic and busy environment wherein you will be dealing directly with both internal and external teams.
What Equips You For The Role:
- Qualified in Finance or Accounting (CA, CPA, CFA)
- 8 to 10 years of Automotive and or banking experience preferable
- Understanding of financial markets, financial instruments and debt instruments
- Knowledge of banking relationships and covenants
- Knowledge of SAP BPC and Anaplan
About Al-Futtaim Automotive
A major division of the UAE-based Al-Futtaim Group of companies, Al-Futtaim Automotive is an industry leader with presence in 10 countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Our core business activities at Al-Futtaim Automotive include distribution, manufacturing, leasing and aftersales, and we are firmly established as the regional representative of some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands: Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Volvo and RAM.
We are driven by a customer-centric approach, constantly pushing the boundaries on innovation, quality standards, and value-added service across our vast universe of customers - right from motoring enthusiasts to fleet operators to contractors. Our mission is to become the leader in custom-made mobility solutions by delivering nothing less than world-class omni-channel experiences.
We channel our local expertise and global trust to deliver one of the most comprehensive portfolios of mobility products and solutions, from passenger cars to SUVs, electric vehicles to high-performance motorbikes, commercial vehicles to industrial & construction equipment.
What keeps the company moving forward is a 9000-member strong team, with inspiring possibilities for growth, throughout the career path.
This is Al-Futtaim Automotive and we empower talent to move forward.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.