- Giles Nunn
- Banbury, Oxfordshire
- Salary £38,000 - 42,000 per annum, Pension, Healthcare, flex bens, Flexible working etc.
- 02 Nov 2022
- 02 Dec 2022
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Chief accountant
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Experience level
- Part qualified, Newly qualified, Qualified accountant
Purpose of the Role
To provide a high quality service to clients and to contribute to the development of the practice under minimal supervision.
- Preparation of accounts, VAT returns and tax computations from client records, for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
- Assisting clients with their financial record keeping, which is increasingly moving to Cloud-based solutions.
- Liaise with clients to obtain relevant information for their accounts, acting in a proactive way and ensuring attention to details and effective questioning of client
- Preparation of corporation tax returns and personal tax returns (additional training will be provided if needed).
- Supporting managers and partners as part of a focussed client service team, which will include responding to client queries in a professional and timely manner.
- Monitor own job quality and quantity in line with agreed budgets, meeting these targets and exceeding where possible
- Training and mentoring junior members of the team.
Key skills and Qualifications
- ACA / ACCA part-qualified, or AAT qualified
- Experience of preparing accounts and related business tax computations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to learn and consider the bigger picture
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
Benefits that Ellacotts can provide
- Possible to add – eg re social events, flexible working etc