Client Accountant (Dublin or Shannon)
- Responsible for the production of client management accounts and financial statements in an accurate and timely manner and in collaboration with the Senior Client Managers.
- Proactively develop and maintain strong and effective working relationships within the Company and on occasions across the Client Service teams in other jurisdictions, promoting a culture of support, collaboration and a joined up approach to servicing clients.
- Manage a portfolio of allocated clients, acting as the point of contact, developing effective working relationships with the client, their advisors and any other parties connected to those client relationships
- Support senior management in the investigation and resolution of client relationship issues, ensuring timely escalation of more complex client queries and issues to the Client Services Director
- Preparation of assigned tasks/client deliverables ensuring consistent quality and timely delivery for review.
- Provide an excellent and high quality level of accounting service to allocated clients and proactively support in the delivery of an excellent administration and accounting service to clients
Day to day:
- Preparation of management accounts in formats and within timeframes as may be agreed by the client and reporting within agreed timelines;
- Review, preparation and filing of taxation returns, including corporation tax, VAT, VIES payroll taxes etc. to ensure filings are returned on time;
- Managing the audit process in conjunction with the client’s reporting timelines and liaising with third party auditors and tax advisors;
- Preparing of budgets and forecasts in formats and within timeframes as may be agreed by the client and reporting within agreed timelines.
- Monitoring of debtors ledger, creditors ledger and treasury management in relation to the bank accounts.
- Liaise with the Legal and Compliance Department with regard to the review of commercial documents entered into by the client, including but not limited to loan or deposit agreements, consultancy agreements, distribution and logistics agreements, any other commercial agreements as may be entered into by the client.
- Liaising with the Revenue Commissioners in respect of clients’ taxation matters, but always bringing Revenue correspondence to the attention of the senior manager.
- Oversight of the financial administration including liaising with banking institutions with regard to client payments, deposit facilities, credit cards, bank accounts etc. as required.
- Attendance at board meetings and AGMs as required.
- Liaising with the Legal and Compliance Department to arrange for the preparation of board meeting and AGM minutes.
- Responsible for review and circulation of board meeting and AGM minutes and for arranging signing of same.
- Responsible for ensuring that all required corporate filings are made in conjunction with the Legal and Compliance Department; and
- Responsible for ensuring that the client’s statutory register is maintained in conjunction with the Legal and Compliance Department to include follow up on AML documentation where required.
- Ensure clients are being billed accordingly with the terms of the MSA and monitor / follow up on overdue fees.
- Identifying any issues in relation to timelines, deadlines, resources, excess workload issues in relation to what has to be provided for the client.
- Flagging any other client issues to senior client managers.
- Use of initiative in client work in relation to carrying out client work smartly and efficiently.
- Highlighting any risk issues that arise.
- Provide continual support to junior staff members and train them in certain aspects when required
- Manage standard of work delivered from junior staff monitoring quality and efficiency of work provided and delegate work to appropriate levels as required
- Educated to degree level and/or equivalent professional qualification e.g. ACCA, ACA, etc
- Experience of providing services to clients and managing client relationships
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent working knowledge of relevant IT platforms and applications
- Can do’ attitude, ability to cope with tight deadlines and working under pressure
- Strong team ethic
- Strong commercial acumen
- Intermediate or Advanced Excel skills
- Exposure to training more inexperienced members of a team
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.