Consultant - MA and International Tax
- KPMG Lower Gulf Limited
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Competitive salary
- 27 Oct 2022
- 27 Nov 2022
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Compliance/risk, Fund accountant, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
A career in our International Tax practice will provide you with the opportunity to work on some of the largest and high-profile deals in the region. As an integral part of our team, you will advise sovereign wealth funds and investment funds on M&A transactions, restructurings, and tax governance.
The tax environment in the UAE and internationally is changing rapidly. This is an exciting time to join our successful team. We embrace an inclusive, future-forward culture that empowers your success. Develop your career through a range of multifaceted engagements, formal training, and informal mentoring.
At KPMG, we believe nothing is more important than investing in our culture because it’s an investment in our people, our future, and what we stand for as a firm.
- Advise clients on a full spectrum of corporate tax services related to mergers and acquisitions.
- Work as part of a team that focuses on delivering due diligence and tax structuring services and communicates findings and opportunities to clients
- Coordinate with other KPMG offices in multi-jurisdictional engagements and review inputs from such offices.
- Establish relationships with clients, colleagues from other functions and network offices, as well as members of the relevant external contact network
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of risk management practices and processes
- Identify team member development needs of less experienced colleagues on projects, with particular emphasis on coaching and skills transfer
- Develop, motivate, and train junior team members
Relevant Skills and Behaviors:
Core and technical skills
- A minimum of three years of experience in international corporate tax consulting / M&A tax, tax due diligence and deal structuring.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related fields with strong academic background
- Academic background with ADIT/Accounting, ACA, CPA, ACCA, Masters in Taxation or Legal qualification or similar professional qualification is preferred
- Knowledge and experience in international tax, including international holding structures, tax treaty network, fund structuring, tax policy and tax risk management
- Basic knowledge of tax accounting, transfer pricing and global mobility-related tax principles, business development, client relationship and client management
- Analytical, critical thinking; excellent in written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent English – Verbal & written, Arabic and other language skills are an added advantage
What we will offer you in return
- Competitive tax-free salary +performance-based annual bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday and flight ticket annually
- Private Medical Group Insurance (including family cover)
- Family-friendly benefits and policies
- Flexible and Hybrid working options
What you need to do nowIf you are interested in this role, click apply now and attach your up-to-date copy of your CV. If you meet ourrequirements, a KPMG Talent Acquisition Specialist will be in touch with you soon.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.