Higgisons, Chartered Accountants, are looking to recruit an Audit Senior with a practice background to perform a mixed general practice role, with a bias towards Audit, to join us at our London office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to gain exposure to a varied client portfolio of individuals, SME’s and larger OMB’s, including involvement on specialist audits enabling you to become a well-rounded accountant. We are an approved employer with both ICAEW and ACCA.
The role involves:
• Responsible for leading and carrying out statutory audits from planning to completion.
• Preparing statutory accounts, ready for review by partner.
• Check and supervise the work of more junior staff including providing guidance and assistance.
• Will report directly to partners.
The successful applicant should:
• Be ACA or ACCA qualified.
• Have audit experience in their current role with at least 5 years practice experience in the UK
• Good working knowledge of UK GAAP and Auditing standards.
• Experience of Solicitors Accounts rules would be an advantage.
• Experience of using CCH Accounts Production and CCH Audit Automation (Pro-Audit) would be an advantage.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to deal directly with clients.
• Must have the right to work in the UK.