Dispute Resolution Manager
Manager – Tax Disputes Resolution – London
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Working hard and working together, our Tax team thrives on keeping busy. Friendly, driven and diverse, they service our clients across the country and around the world. By providing expertise in many different specialist areas of tax, they collaborate across BDO to deliver wider business solutions. From meeting clients’ evolving business needs to managing changes to legislation, there are always fresh challenges to face in the Tax team. If you’re after a career that will keep you on your toes, we’ll give you the autonomy to drive your career forward.
We’ll help you succeed
You’ll be a Manager responsible for managing a small portfolio of clients and for the timely delivery of services. You’ll also support Directors and Partners with complex tax enquiries/investigations and voluntary disclosures to ensure a satisfactory settlement is negotiated between the client and H M Revenue & Customs. You’ll be expected to contribute toward marketing and business development initiatives and build sustainable internal and external client relationships. You’ll also;
- Manage the everyday running of the investigation or disclosure for a portfolio of clients.
- Prepare investigation and disclosure reports, including all computational aspects of the report, for submission to the HMRC Specialist Investigations, working directly to a partner or director and delegating appropriate tasks to more junior staff. (Each job will normally require a report to be prepared and submitted to HMRC. This will include having the report agreed by the partner and client beforehand).
- Liaise directly with clients, contacts and other parties to ensure work is done and produced according to the desired timescales.
- Prepare agendas for all meeting with clients and/or H M Revenue & Customs and ensure that all points are followed up after the meeting.
- Prepare work plans and liaise with the partner/director to ensure that the report covers all areas included in the work plan.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- CTA/ACA/ACCA qualified (or overseas equivalent), or relevant work experience.
- Report writing and tax computational experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel is preferred.
- Experience of tax enquiries, investigations and voluntary disclosures is preferred but not essential.
- Previous management experience.
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- Private medical insurance;
- Cash benefits allowance;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.