Manager - Global Billing Operation - Controls and Governance
State Street has established a Global Billing Operations (GBO) Function under Controllership, which is responsible for client billing set up and invoicing across all business lines and geographies globally at State Street. Organizationally, it combines all groups performing these activities globally, and also includes centers residing in State Street Shared Service locations in Poland, India and China. Billing Organization owns aspects of business-as-usual activities within billing areas and also drives process improvements and automation.
Basic Purpose of Job:
Billing Governance team within GBO is responsible for various activities like Billing Metrics Reporting, Compliance Review, Assurance Review coordination and working on projects which comes under the purview of billing governance. The individual will be directly responsible for daily management of the production of accurate, consistent, and timely reporting deliverables of incidents, issues and corrective actions. This individual will provide subject matter expertise and analytics to drive insights regarding the global billing process. In addition to Business As Usual (BAU) responsibilities as described above, this role will also be involved in process standardization and automation efforts.
Business As Usual (BAU) Activities:
- Assist in logging issues and incidents into the Bank’s risk managements system
- Report the status of monthly issues, incidents and corrective action report to the GBO Management
- Document controls and add them to the Bank’s Risk management system
- Execute a framework to test if the internal systems supporting compliance with regulatory requirements for Global Billing, are properly designed, documented and implemented.
- Validate controls, identify and assess issues, and work with GBO management to track them to resolution.
- Prepare and update process narratives/procedures and flow charts, if required
- Develop expertise in Billing related controls, best practices and expectations
- May be asked to participate in other activities within the team to support overall global billing risk management objectives and goals.
- General responsibility of ensuring all the governance deliverables are performed based on the deliverable calendar and no SLA is missed
- Sourcing/procuring data is done accurately and timely
- Execute various data integrity checks on source data
- Liaising with all stake holders and communicating timely and effectively
- Work closely with the Lead to ensure instructions pertaining to changes and corrections are adhered to
- Ensure all mandatory training and process level training are completed as per deadlines.
- Adhoc Request – Tailoring to adhoc and new report requirement and ensure guidelines and protocols are followed
- Adopt “owner’s mind set”, work independently, and effectively manage timeline
- Drive efficiencies and create a more agile work process. Maintain a robust control environment: process controls, process oversight and process governance responsibility. Ideation and Automation to help in process improvements
- Handle ad-hoc reporting projects
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Finance and Accounting with 7 to 10 years experience working in governance/reporting function within a large financial services instituition. CA or MBA or CIA certifications candidates preferred.
- Internal audit, Operational risk or Compliance or Big 4 experience.
- Experience in process and controls mapping methodologies, maintaining strong control environment (risk excellence, experience with SOX, RCSA controls, etc.), establishing policies, procedures and strong internal controls
- Knowledge of Financial services or regulatory requirements in Finance- Controllers or Billing preferred.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must possess good communication skills with ability to participate in conference calls and able to independently manage deliverables
- Solid business knowledge as it relates to the financial services industry
- Financial product and institution knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Visio), advanced levels of excel (pivot tables, formulas, excel workbook maintenance best practices)
- Experience in Analytics and data management would be helpful
- Qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
- Self-motivated, self-assured, and self-managed
- Results oriented ownership mindset
- Ability to multi-task and work under high pressure deadlines.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.