Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
The Business Services and Outsourcing team are essential to meeting our clients' evolving requirements. As well as delivering long-term, sustainable value to businesses by providing a range of solutions such as accounting, payroll and compliance services, they also play a key role in tying together many of our services across BDO both domestically and internationally. By building deep and meaningful relationships with a range of clients from ambitious entrepreneurial SMEs to large multi-national groups, our BS&O team don’t just advise on their specific business challenges, they open doors for other teams to provide our firm’s wider service offering. To succeed in this agile environment, you’ll need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and initiative. In return, you’ll have the opportunity for progression, and the chance to develop in one of the industry’s most exciting and varied roles.
We’ll broaden your horizons
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your career aspirations. We will give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel and share in our success.
Based in our London office, you will be responsible for providing leadership to the team, managing a portfolio of clients and supporting Partners. This includes planning, monitoring, reviewing work of junior members and taking responsibility for business development and marketing initiatives. In this role you’ll:
- Use knowledge and understanding of the client, business drivers, and technology to help design custom or complex management reports and complex KPI dashboards
- Act as project director on larger clients, with signing off rights and overall responsibility for the job, with Partner retaining relationship responsibilities only
- Key Account Management and responsibility for own portfolio of clients.
- Apply accounting standards to argue accounting treatment for complex or contentious areas, and know when to bring in experts
- Serve as a resource for the team, having developed an in-depth knowledge and understanding of finance accounting functions
- Uses their broad financial, accounting, business and industry knowledge to educate clients on how their finance and accounting needs will evolve as their business grows; helps clients identify what is next and persuades the client to value those unperceived needs; identifies what needs are critical verse what are not and looks at the business of the client holistically.
- Ensure all work is following the correct technical approach
- Identify and resolve all compliance issues that may arise
- Can diagnose the relationships and political structures of their clients to appropriately navigate through these complexities; quickly and accurately able to assess people’s different perspectives.
- Has developed a clear area of specialism where they are a go to person for other members of the team regarding sectors or areas of doing business in the UK, and maintains knowledge and shares knowledge with others to ensure the wider team are up to date with developments.
- Reviews and approves all compliance work prepared by the team and deals with any issues arising.
- Articulates issues and engages with clients to ensure all exposures and risks are managed and mitigated.
We’ll help you succeed
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) or equivalent experience
- Excellent UK GAAP and/or IFRS knowledge
- Relevant experience of managing a large team is essential
- Proven experience in managing a wide portfolio of concurrent projects and project teams in a project management framework
- Commercial experience covering all aspects of running an organisation and the various rules and regulations which apply
- Broad taxation knowledge complimented by commercial background is essential
- Full knowledge of compliance and take on procedures
- Knowledge of the impacts that different client/industries and service offerings have on the technical work and final deliverables
- In depth knowledge of financial reporting and accounting functions
- Excellent understanding of ecosystem of cloud accounting software and ad-ons and can articulate the purpose and value of appropriate systems to clients
- Excellent understanding of the rules and regulations of doing business in the UK
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cash allowance
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 7,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.