UK Reg Reporting - External Reporting Associate
The function is a service-orientated business comprised of specialised individuals with knowledge and expertise in understanding, managing and delivering financial information to our regulators. The group is also dedicated to adding value and improving efficiency, quality and controls. It is supported by change and policy functions for the developing demands of the regulators and business.
UK Regulatory Finance divides itself into four groups located in London and Mumbai:
- Capital Reporting
- Financial Reporting
- Control and Assurance
- Quality Assurance (QA)
The core responsibilities of the UK Regulatory Finance function are:
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and biannual returns for the following solo regulated entities and their associated UK consolidation groups: JP Morgan Securities Plc, JP Morgan Chase Bank London, JP Morgan Europe Limited, JP Morgan Markets Limited, JP Morgan Luxembourg London Branch and JP Morgan AG.
- Daily monitoring and preparation of capital adequacy and large exposures reports for the above entities
- Interpretation of the Regulatory rules which forms the basis of PRA and Bank of England reporting and providing regulatory guidance to the business.
- Partnership and supporting other Finance areas with their reporting requirements (e.g. recovery and resolution, ICAAP)
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of reporting output to the regulators
The Regulatory Finance function is changing rapidly to accommodate both internal and external drivers of change: for example through greater business engagement, legal entity strategy, regulatory change and implementation of modelled approaches to capital.
Job Title – Regulatory Capital Associate
- Co-ordinate/project manage the quarterly COREP reporting suite for regulated entities, including submission of Own Funds returns (for example, CA1, CA2), Group Solvency (C6), Countercyclical buffers (C9.4) and Prudential Valuation (C32).
- Co-ordinate/project manage the quarterly MREL reporting process. Liaising with Line of business to obtain data and sign offs prior to submission.
- Focus on control environment and monitoring, driving process efficiency
- Support and deliver strategic projects to improve and broaden the regulatory reporting infrastructure
- Provide support for ad hoc queries/reports when required by management, auditors or regulators.
- Partner with Regulatory Policy in the interpretation of regulatory rules
- Partner with other Finance areas to ensure adherence to the firm’s regulatory obligations (e.g. ICAAP, 10Q reporting)
Skills and experience:
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- Ability to critically review and challenge numbers / strong analytical skills
- Flexibility to work under pressure to meet changing work requirements and strict deadlines
- Proactive and self-starting individual with high levels of ownership
- Degree qualification and either accountancy qualification or qualification by experience within Financial Services industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Excel, Access, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Proven track record of improving processes and controls
- Familiarity with current regulatory rules (CRD4) and reporting requirements (COREP)
- Working knowledge of investment banking products including derivatives / financing transactions
- Working knowledge of banking products (Repurchase agreements, securities, derivatives, deposits, loans, credit facilities)
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.