Fund Accounting - Team Leader
Purpose of the Job:
The main function of the role is: Work in conjunction with individuals on the team as well as other Shared Services/COEs, outsource partners, Client Operations, other business units and external clients as needed to ensure seamless processing according to the fund’s policies, to ensure NAV/yield accuracy and that all SLAs are met.
- Candidate should have end to end exposure on Geneva, WSO and MCH application.
- This team is responsible for end to end accounting from trade booking to NAV delivery for mutual funds. Team will be accounting for all financial products. Team would be maintaining shadow books of accounts and would be responsible for performing GL reconciliation as well. Team would get a good exposure of end to end accounting.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of a functional/oversight team by monitoring, reviewing and validating all daily bank loan activity to ensure accuracy and timeliness in calculations and processing, as well as adherence to controls, e.g. ensuring accurate g/l and/or balance for daily pricing
- Provide timely accurate management reporting and issue log maintenance, under moderate supervision
- Research and resolve bank loan related exceptions and issues
- Escalate unresolved issues to management as required
- Reconcile and resolve bank loan discrepancies with other Shared Service teams, external clients and Client Operations as needed
- Ensure all inquiries are resolved in a timely and accurate manner and communicates effectively with client when necessary
- Oversee the adherence to Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintain knowledge of current alternative procedures and processes
- Assist with workflow management and technology enhancement, make suggestions to streamline operations
- Document any updates or changes to formal procedures, databases, etc.
- Train, develop and motivate new staff and complete performance appraisals
- Shift timings – Open to work 24/5 work environment
Mandatory Process Skills Sets:
- Bank loan process within Fund Accounting
- Bank Loan Transaction Processing & Management
Additional Skill Sets:
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and possess strong problem solving and resolution skills.
- Understanding of financial services and investment products.
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on service.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, high volume atmosphere
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce / Economics with a specialization in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of 2-4 years of related bank loan process and/or Fund Accounting experience.
- Knowledge of securities language and legal requirements.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Solid understanding of operational functions within Custody and/or Fund Accounting. Ability to provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems.