Team Leader, North America Regulatory Reporting
Who we are looking for
This role will support the Vice President, US Regulatory Reporting in the production and filing of Regulation W related disclosures and other applicable project management deliverables. The candidate will bring strong communication, analytical and technical skills to the role to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of the regulatory reports. The individual will work closely with a geographically diverse team to build relationships, drive cross-functional projects, and ensure compliance with various oversight groups.
What you will be responsible for
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Regulation W related reports and schedules
- Responsible for timely and accurate preparation of various US and regional regulatory reports
- Be knowledgeable and capable of preparing key regulatory reports, including FR Y-8, FR Y-10, Y-6 and associated SEC and regulatory disclosures of varying frequency
- Drive project work streams to enhance processes and reporting
- Prepare, review and maintain detailed, organized, and clearly documented workpapers
- Maintain department’s policy and procedure documents, controls and self-assessments
- Stay abreast of regulatory and reporting updates, review and interpret guidance, and apply changes as needed
- Participate in new product on-boarding
- Participate in UAT for automation initiatives
- Liaise and coordinate with First, Second, and Third Lines of Defense to ensure compliance with established policies and controls
- Work with both domestic and international business units to share knowledge to ensure consistent and accurate reporting
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and deadlines
- Promotes teamwork, works collaboratively, and builds effective working relationships
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Completes own role independently or with minimal supervision/guidance
- Provides guidance to junior team members
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, with US GAAP familiarity required
- CPA, MBA, or Master’s degree in accounting or finance a plus
- Background in public accounting or bank reporting a plus
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products and able to learn other systems quickly; Business Intelligence tools and Essbase familiarity a plus
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.