Assist the Tax Director in managing international taxes and providing tax advise across an international context.
Support across a range of taxes in multiple jurisdictions with the direct and indirect tax affairs of the plc.
My client is a multinational energy and services provider who have a long history at the forefront of energy and sustainability drives in the UK and globally. Sustainability is at the heart of my clients values and strategy with significant gains in the last several years alone. The group has successfully reduced their carbon emissions by 82% since 2019 whilst implementing the infrastructure to provide zero-carbon electricity to all UK customers. My client has a long term plan of achieving net-zero by 2045 with clear targets and deliverables to successfully meet this.
The group has also championed efforts to address Diversity and Inclusion through initiatives, networks and clear policies. My client has prioritised this as not only the right thing to do but a way to achieve success as a business. In recognition of their efforts the group have received several awards for their work in supporting careers for disabled individuals, women and carers.
My client wants to reward their staff and provides a range of financial benefits including a competitive bonus and a leading pension. But they also place great value on staff well-being and provide access to numerous tools and resources to support physical and mental health.
- Manage the out-sourced preparation of transfer pricing documentation including the Country by Country Report and local files
- Ensure a robust control framework is established and maintained for all direct taxes outside of the UK, maintaining governance and risk documentation for direct taxes for the operating units
- Assist with business partnering for units outside of the UK, covering tax audits and providing advice
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of Irish and international direct taxes
- Work with the Tax Manager Transformation and other teams to deliver continuous process improvement for International Taxes
- Assist Tax Director and Tax Managers in delivering training or other support to ensure the group remains compliant with all direct tax obligations outside of the UK
- Tax qualification and tax work experience in practice or in-house is strongly preferred.
- Experience and general technical knowledge of international tax, transfer pricing and global reporting requirements
- Experience of dealing with Ireland and other European jurisdictions would be an advantage
- Ability to research tax technical issues with minimum direction
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills enabling efficient interaction with Finance and other stakeholders (internal and external) and effective collaboration within and outside the Tax team
- Ability to take initiative/ownership of issues and to achieve results under pressure with imperfect/incomplete information
- A competitive salary circa 60k depending on experience
- A 12% discretionary bonus
- 10% pension
- Private health care
- Discounted gym membership
- Life assurance
- Energy allowance