Senior Financial Analyst
Description of business unit
The Group Planning team sits within GP&A and GPR. GP&A has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, and developing and presenting Group-focused financial insight and analysis. Group Planning ensure that the Group strategy is aligned to, and embedded in Group financials providing leadership with highly relevant insight into business performance.
Purpose of the Role
The role of the Senior Financial Analyst is to assist in the reporting and analysis of our Net Interest Income and to ensure delivery of high quality financial information to key partners.
- Support the forecasting and ICAAP processes for NII and NIM and any regulatory requests that may arise.
- Review of the Group's monthly BCOF process.
- Ensure all the team's financial controls operate optimally, while also implementing improvements to current methodologies and practices.
- Drive key finance related projects and initiatives as the need arises.
What is the opportunity
This role provides an opportunity to develop a detailed understanding of one of Bank of Ireland Group's key financial metrics. You will help develop presentations and reports for key partners including senior finance management and external parties. This is a fantastic opportunity to build relationships with senior partners across the Group.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a Hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role. The primary location for this role is Dublin.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction to the business to which you are contracted.
- 3rd level education - with a strong academic ability
- Part or qualified Accountant
Essential Skills & Experience
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated experience of delivery to tight reporting timelines.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Solid understanding of the SAP BCS
- Strong appetite/evidence of operational improvement
- Knowledge of economics, accounting and banking sector
- Shown capacity to meet ambitious targets.
- One Group, one team - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Manage Risk - Self
- Customer Focused - Self
- Agile - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce. We offer reasonable accommodation at every stage of the application and interview process. If you require assistance, please contact email@example.com.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.