Accounting Senior Advisor (Services)
We are a global, multi-billion-dollar corporation – and Accounting is vital to reflecting our staggering earnings, profits, cash balances and other financial results. To meet this challenge, we implement best practices, provide general financial support, resolve queries, prepare reports and provide statistics. We also design policies and procedures that adhere to audit standards and conform to FASB and SEC guidance, as well as compliance with GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley section 404.
Join us as a Senior Advisor on our Accounting team in Bayan Lepas to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Accounting Advisor, you will resolve financial support issues and inquiries from both internal and external customers and work with relevant non-accounting personnel in reviewing contracts to confirm company policies are adhered to and financial reporting requirements of the company are met:
- Business Partner with Professional Services (PS) Finance & Operations in the preparation and completion of PS Revenue Accounting Management and Financial Statements.
- Statutory, Tax Accounting regional support
- Be PS Point of Contact for all new offerings globally related to PS:
- Working with NPI & NSI teams on new offerings and determining correct Accounting treatment.
- With Global teams on system and process changes that need or may have PS Accounting impact.
- Documenting Accounting memos and updates to guide stakeholders on correct Accounting treatment of new and existing offerings.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Strong understating of Dell business and systems processes around ordering, selling, accounting. Ie flow of skus through Omega through to the GL.
- ASC606 Revenue Recognition knowledge.
- Ability to lead and document discussion and Accounting positions in relation to Revenue Recognition best practice.
- Qualified Accounting professional with relevant experience.
- 8 to 12 years in a professional role with a Bachelor Degree
- Professional Accounting qualification (ACCA, MIA, CPA)
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 30 Nov 2022
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.