Operational Risk, AVP
Who we are looking for
Assisting the business unit in implementing effective risk management best practices by developing and establishing continuous risk identification, measurement, management, control and reporting.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Operational Risk AVP you will be:
- Participating in carrying out their risk management responsibilities by providing ongoing direction and consultative advice to the business unit with respect to risk management policies, guidelines and best practices.
- Participating in the implementation of the corporate Risk Framework and related programmes within the business area. Ensuring that these are run using the corporate methodology and are in line with local regulatory requirements.
- Reviewing and analysing information from risk management tools such as New Business Product Review and Approval, Material Risk Identification Programme, Risk Control Self-Assessment, Key Risk Indicators, Loss event data in conjunction with other environmental changes to proactively monitor the control environment and identify and address potential weaknesses and/or gaps in a timely manner.
- Performing assurance work to monitor the design and operating effectiveness of the identified controls in place to mitigate the material risks (e.g. controls testing, thematic reviews, policy assurance).
- Participating in the capital planning process.
- Maintaining an independent perspective on the business area operational risk profile and risk management activities.
- Serving as liaison with other risk disciplines, internal departments and other external parties.
- Participating in relevant committees or working groups.
- Identifying material deviations from the Risk Framework, Policy and Guidelines.
- Delivering/participating in Risk Management presentations to clients.
- Supporting a culture of effective challenge.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong Organisational skills to facilitate managing multi-faceted projects to a high standard and within deadlines. Ability to analyse complex products and issues including using network of colleagues to obtain additional information in order to facilitate sound decision making process.
- Influence courageously and challenge senior management in a professional manner. Communicate effectively and efficiently with colleagues and Senior Managers in other departments and locations.
- Collaborate for results including providing assistance to other team members and readily sharing information and learning across the department.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- University Degree in a relevant field such as accounting, finance or banking, or equivalent professional qualification an advantage
- Significant experience in financial services industry or similar
- Risk Management, Controls Testing, Audit or Finance experience an advantage
- Ability to learn quickly
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.