Tax Manager, US Tax
Tax Manager – US tax
Glanbia - Our Business
Glanbia is a global nutrition company and the global leader in the performance nutrition industry with a portfolio of performance and lifestyle nutrition brands. As a nutritional solutions provider in the B2B arena, we commercialise specialty nutritional, functional ingredients and precision premixes to meet our customer needs. Glanbia’s growth has been achieved both organically and via targeted M&A to scale positions and build into adjacencies in attractive segments aligned with our purpose.
• B2C: each of our own brands has its own consumer appeal. We are the #1 global sports nutrition brand with a growing presence in lifestyle nutrition.
• B2B: our portfolio of both nutritional ingredients and cheese products gives us strong market reach and customer relevance. We work closely with our customers to develop products that exceed their expectations.
• D2C: our digital platforms enhance engagement with our consumers at multiple touch points throughout their purchasing decision journey. We will continue to connect with consumers through creative excellence and new digital layers of services.
Employing over 6,200 people across 32 countries, our products are sold or distributed in over 100 countries with total Group revenue of €4.2bn. We have three segments: Glanbia Performance Nutrition, Glanbia Nutritionals and Joint Ventures & Associates. Our shares are listed on the Irish and London Stock Exchanges (symbol: GLB). http://www.glanbia.com
Glanbia plc is currently seeking to recruit a Tax Manager (US focus). This is a permanent opportunity and will report to the Senior Tax Manager.
The location of the role can be in either Kilkenny (Head Office) or Citywest Dublin office or Dungarvan, Co Waterford, with a blended working arrangement available through our ‘Smart Working’ model which allows you a greater choice in how you work and live, giving you a better work-life balance.
Working closely with colleagues in Group Tax, US-based finance and commercial colleagues and with external tax advisors in the US, the US Tax Manager’s primary responsibilities initially will be management of the US tax position of the Group. The Group’s US tax returns are prepared by external tax advisors in the US. A key part of the Tax Manager’s role will be helping to ensure that each Glanbia US legal entity is operating in full compliance with the Group’s entrepreneur model, the Glanbia Contract Services Model (“Glanbia CSM”).
• Manage the Group’s US tax position globally by working closely with external tax advisors in the US, tax colleagues and our Business Units
• Leading the Group year-end tax reporting process for the US group including obtaining and reviewing actual numbers for annual capex, profit, royalty, and interest payments, etc.; providing this information to, and working closely with, our external tax advisors and reviewing the US tax provision prepared by them for the Group consolidation
• Assist external tax advisors in the US to forecast US quarterly federal and state cash tax payments. This will include liaising internally with Group Treasury and Glanbia Business Services in in the US
• Keep abreast and make recommendations in respect of US tax law changes as these impact the Glanbia CSM and the business generally
• Assist the Group Tax team in the management of cross-border intercompany transactions/transfer pricing
• Support the Glanbia M&A team on tax aspects of US acquisitions (including immediate implementation where appropriate of the Glanbia CSM)
• Assist with business restructurings and ad-hoc tax planning projects as required
• Identify opportunities and assist with development and implementation of US tax planning
• Keep abreast of and make recommendations re US tax law changes as these impact the Glanbia CSM and the business generally.
Required Education & Experience:
• Professional qualification in Accounting (e.g. ACA, ACCA or CPA) and Tax (e.g. AITI)
• 3rd level Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics or another relevant discipline
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills is required; experience of SAP would be an advantage
• Previous experience within a multinational or Big 4 accountancy firm
• Commercially astute with strong business acumen
• Excellent project management skills with an ability to work to tight deadlines
• The ability to work both on your own initiative and within a team environment to deliver Group Tax’s significant value-added brief.