IFDSI Dealing Services AVP - 12 month FTC
Main purpose of role:
This role is responsible for the management of a team(s) within the Dealing Services function of the IFDS Transfer Agency. The core dealing team is primarily responsible for managing all pre and post NAV dealing tasks (trade issues, prediction & actuals reporting, platforms trades, client management) of IFDS’ third party clients.
At this level you will be required to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the Funds Industry, and take a lead role in the client servicing, operational management and development of the department with a strong service and process ethos. You will be expected to lead your teams activities to meet the department’s goals. As a member of the business unit management team, you will contribute to the BU’s strategy, change management, resource planning and development, client relationship management and risk reduction objectives. In addition, you will be expected to work with the Joint Venture partners and other Joint Venture companies to promote and secure the ongoing growth and development of IFDS Ireland.
You will continually work towards the ultimate goal of ensuring a high level of client servicing whilst exercising operational oversight within the business and making sound operational decisions and a strong focus on risk reduction.
This role is a Controlled Function (CF) position, which is subject to certain Fitness and Probity conditions being met in line with CBI Guidelines.
As a member of the operational management team, lead, direct and manage the department and contribute to the leadership of IFDS Ireland as required Exercise operational oversight within the department and make sound operational decisions Work professionally with all peers and senior management to promote and secure the on-going growth and development of IFDS Ireland Creation of effective working relationships with operational groups and teams within IFDS and related organisations
Ownership, management and development of strong client relationship management discipline Act as a dedicated service manager and escalation point for key strategic clients of IFDS Ireland providing effective management of client’s current and future requirements Manage complex or unusual operational and managerial problems that are referred from above and below Foster an environment where excellent client service delivery is the standard Foster an environment where procedures, policies and processes are adhered to and procedural changes are introduced to enhance the ongoing performance of the department Continually develop expertise in all area of the industry Responsible for the management of vendor, audit and regulatory body relationships, as required Maintain an expert knowledge of industry and policy updates and speaking confidently to clients on same.
Identify and secure resources required by the department and ensure effective utilisation Ensure that Transfer Agency is properly resourced both in terms of people and technology whilst complying with agreed budgetary guidelines Actively support the overall organization and Transfer Agency Training Plan Utilise management information to assist in managing both clients and resources Focus on development opportunities for your direct reports and ensure a focus on non-operational management within the department Using corporate people performance management tools, actively participate in the performance appraisal process and monitor overall timeliness of completion for the entire team with your direct reports
RISK & REGULATORY
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and with the relevant short, medium and long-term goals, objectives and values of the organization
- Promote risk awareness, assessment and control within the department
- Drive the development and implementation of appropriate procedures to meet internal control and external compliance/regulatory requirements
- Understand the risk environment within the department and manage appropriately, working in partnership with the Risk, Compliance and Audit representatives from the Joint Venture entities.
- Produce & maintain Operational Issues Log on a regular basis
- Responsible for accurate maintenance and management of Operational Log
- Work with Change Management to maintain Projects Log Resolution of referred operational issues/system queries
- Attend (weekly) Client conference call
- Ensure (weekly) operational issue conference calls take place & attend (weekly) Client conference call.
- Mandatory for tier 1 and as agreed for all others
- Coordinate relevant TA teams for client visits
- Day-to-day liaison with all administration areas to ensure service is delivered within SLA and quality is measured within KPIs
- Provide regular feedback to managers and more senior colleagues with regard to Transfer Agency operations
- Lead and contribute to operational, client, risk, audit and regulatory meetings as required
- Lead and contribute to your chosen Focus Group
- Create an environment that is flexible and adaptable and be a champion of change
- Initiate and oversee tasks within a continuous improvement drive to ensure that the Department is efficient and seen as customer and quality driven
- Provide support during the implementation of change
- Ensure participation in the completion and implementation of department wide projects as required and lead local team initiatives
- Lead ongoing reviews of current practices and procedures with a view of identifying and implementing efficiencies.
Matrix Management Responsibilities:
N/A – could be subject to change
IFDS Employees are required to comply with the regulatory regime in which IFDS operates as appropriate to the above role. Employees are expected to exercise due care and diligence, ensuring the areas the incumbent is responsible for are organised and controlled. Employees are required to observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties. The incumbent is required to respect the IFDS approach to client care and must demonstrate due regard to the interests of our clients and in any and all third party dealings.
Knowledge and Technical Skills – Specific knowledge, skills and qualifications needed to achieve required performance standards in a role.
Comprehensive procedural, technical and product knowledge of the Transfer Agency business is required. This should be complemented with a strong understanding of Fund Accounting, Custody and Regulatory background to Funds Industry. Comprehensive knowledge of systems, including Microsoft Office applications, is required Knowledge of dealing models
- Client focused with a proven track record of delivering excellent client service
- Strong people management skills with a proven track record for developing and retaining staff.
- Attention to detail and concern for quality with strong written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent communication, organisational and planning skills with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to proactively work under own initiative and as part of a team
Typically candidate will have 5-10 years’ experience in a similar environment including at least 3-5 years in a management capacity Business related degree preferable (but not essential)
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.