Accounting Administrative Clerk
What do you think of when you hear the name MNP? Most likely tax and accounting, but as one of Canada’s largest consulting organizations, we’re so much more! We’re also serious about technology.
Make an impact with MNP Digital, within Digital Solutions as Accounting Administrative Clerk to support our growing Technology Solutions team. This diverse team of professionals directly contributes to the success of the firm by supporting internal and external clients. As a trusted advisor, you will ensure the efficient and effective operation of our business.
At MNP Digital, we’re a team of highly skilled and creative thinkers that continuously support and learn from each other. We pride ourselves on translating our clients’ challenges into real results by leveraging technology – and that all starts with having the right people to deliver. We’ve created an environment where you’ll continuously grow, always have a voice and collaborate on work that’s meaningful and fulfilling. If you’re ready to take your career into your own hands, you’ve come to the right place.
- Enter and reconcile staff and management expenses requiring reimbursement
- Reconcile statements from vendors
- Perform invoicing of clients from corporate and client accounts, agreement, and product invoicing
- Monitor aging of receivables and send regular reminder notices and follow ups while keeping management informed of the status of receivables
- Post payments to individual invoices appropriately
- Cheque deposits
- Accounts Receivable Ledger updating and maintenance
- Responding to billing inquiries from clients
- Enter payables into Company software
- Ensure accuracy in submission
- Ensure client payables are set up for timely payment based on a monthly authorization and payment cycle
- Review upcoming deadlines and work requirements with the team; manage the flow of work to specific team members (i.e., documents for review/signature)
- Create, maintain, and update spreadsheets
- Uphold electronic and paper filing systems
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses, and industry
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Respond to questions from team members regarding their timesheets
- Ad hoc reporting and projects
- Assisting with inventory of hardware and software
Skills and Experience
- Diploma or degree in accounting or business or equivalent experience is an asset
- Minimum of 2 years in a similar role
- Previous experience working in a partnership or professional services firm is an asset
- Strong client service focus in dealing with both external and internal clients
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Overtime may be required on occasion
- Highly organized, efficient, and able to juggle multiple priorities
- Excellent analytical, financial, and mathematical abilities
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Extremely trustworthy and professionally minded
- Strong business and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.