Financial Accountant - Markets & Treasury
Description of business unit
Financial Control is responsible for delivering inputs into statutory, management, regulatory, and external reporting, ensuring the right controls are in place.
Financial Control work closely with stakeholders across the Group and third parties to ensure that there is a continued focus on delivering a culture of service excellence, developing our people and supporting the achievement of the Group's strategic priorities.
The Markets & Treasury (M&T) Financial Control team is responsible for the controlling and reporting on the M&T financial statements, as well as delivering certain regulatory returns related to the Group's Liquid Asset Book and Derivative portfolio. The team work closely with other teams in the wider M&T Finance team.
Purpose of the Role
The successful candidate will be responsible for reporting and controlling of M&T's Income Statement. Additional MI that the role supports includes GII/GIE, BCOF, Intercompany and cross-sales reporting. They will also be responsible for implementing improvement in execution initiatives and other ad hoc activities related to Financial Reporting for Markets & Treasury.
- Production of monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc reporting for M&T's Income Statement lines.
- Ensure that monthly close processes have been completed in accordance with best practice.
- Prepare notes to the financial statements and FINREP and present to management as the need arises
- Foster the delivery of MI as produced by the team (e.g. monthly analytical review and commentaries), ensuring results are complete and accurate.
- Liaise with the Valuations, Hedge Accounting, Income Support and Decision Support teams in the M&T finance team, to ensure the accurate measurement and classification of items in the primary statements, notes to the accounts, and FINREP.
- Control Environment: adhere to operational risk controls, including Internal Financial Controls and EUCs; collaborate closely with external and internal auditors; identify any control weaknesses and highlight to management.
- Be pro-active in identifying and implementing potential improvements in areas such as operational risk controls, processes, MI reporting etc.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders across the Group and become a key point of contact on the Financial Control Team.
- Contribute to ad hoc projects as they arise e.g. implementation of IFRS 9, EBA Stress Testing.
What is the opportunity
The Markets & Treasury Financial accountant role is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious financial accountant looking to expand their knowledge and experience of treasury products.
The role holder will have the opportunity to demonstrate their ability to senior management and other key stakeholders in the Group as a key point of contact for information on M&T's income statement.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a Hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role. The primary location for this role is Dublin.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction to the business to which you are contracted.Essential Qualifications
Qualified or Part-Qualified Accountant
Essential Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of financial accounting and reporting
- Proven experience of delivery to tight reporting timelines.
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Experience in the banking sector.
- Ability to acquire and apply new technical information.
- Experience of working towards change, with the initiative and courage to challenge the status quo.
- Agile - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Champion Transformation - Self
- One Group, one team - Self
- Manage Risk - Self
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce. We offer reasonable accommodation at every stage of the application and interview process. If you require assistance, please contact email@example.com.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.