Corporate Compliance Officer, Officer, Hybrid
Dublin 2, Ireland; Drogheda, Ireland; Kilkenny, Ireland
Who we are looking for
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic Compliance professional, to join our Corporate Compliance team, covering our fund administration and custodian/depositary businesses in Ireland. Reporting to the Heads of Compliance, the role will require the management of the design and execution of the monitoring and testing programmes as derived from the Core Compliance Risk Assessments of the Irish legal entities, including State Street Custodian Services Ireland (SSCSIL), State Street Financial Services Ireland (SSFSIL) and State Street International Ireland Limited (SSIIL).
This role may be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements. Office locations are Dublin, Drogheda and Kilkenny.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Corporate Compliance Officer, you will:
- In concert with the Compliance Advisory teams, design Monitoring & Testing activities for areas deemed to be of higher focus within a particular Compliance Risk
- Execute the review of internal controls that support various regulatory requirements in addition to internal Firm requirements (Control Monitoring)
- Execute substantive outcome monitoring using analytical techniques to detect potential breaches of Regulatory Obligations (Outcome Monitoring)
- Liaise with their Compliance Risk Monitoring Team (CRMT) colleagues all over the globe to share and complete deliverables
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to quickly analyze regulations, particularly those relation to financial services in Ireland;
- Strong attention to detail, ability to see through tasks until completion
- Proactive attitude, with strong communication skills
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Willingness to participate in global and regional projects
- Co-operative attitude, ability to work with colleagues in EMEA and Globally
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Qualification in Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business related area, or relevant professional experience
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
- Prior experience in financial services industry an advantage
- ACOI Diploma in Compliance or similar Compliance, legal or regulatory qualification an advantage
The role is classified as a CF2 under the Central Bank of Ireland Fitness and Probity regime (CF2), hence candidates must comply with the relevant requirements regarding fitness and probity.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.