Fund Accounting & Administration, Officer
Who we are looking for:
The candidate will act as a subject matter expert in NAV reporting for our hedge fund clients. The role will involve day to day communication with different locations internally and externally with the client. You will be accountable for providing NAV Packs and other reporting of the highest quality and accuracy in a timely manner to meet the needs of our clients. In addition you will be responsible for managing and developing the careers of your direct reports and yourself. Managing workflow, providing trainings and ensuring up-to-date procedures to strengthen technical skills, coupled with furthering the soft skills within your team.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As a Fund Accounting and Administration Officer, you will:
- Manage relationships with clients at appropriate levels to ensure continued confidence in State Street.
- Manage relationships with key client contacts ensuring expectations are met and client satisfaction with the level of service received.
- Review and approve NAV files in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Proactively look for solutions to client problems to improve the processes and reduce NAV cycles
- Manage the daily deliverable set for your client and ensure that all locations are aware of and meet the required deadlines
- Ensure process and procedures are adequate to meet quality standards and are consistently applied and regularly reviewed within department.
- Ensure Director, Assistant Vice President & CRM are adequately updated on a regular basis regarding all aspects of your client/s account, highlighting all potential risks with possible solutions in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively internally and externally
- Ensure junior members of staff are trained adequately and are evaluated accurately
- Assess operational effectiveness and make suggestions to streamline functions.
- Participates in new business process including review of proposals, prospect presentations, staffing allocations, etc.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Candidate must have a university degree (business, mathematics, finance or economics preferred, accounting concentration a plus) and at least 7 years of accounting experience, including 2 to 3 years of supervisory and financial reporting experience is required.
- Experience in the Hedge Fund and Fund of fund is required.
- Strong computer skills are required, especially Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.