Finance Planning & Analyst (Technology)
Get to know the Role:
- We are living in exciting times. Technology is reshaping how we live and we want to redefine how financial services are offered, which is why Singtel and Grab are coming together.
- Singtel is Asia’s leading communications group connecting millions of consumers and enterprises to essential digital services while Grab is the leading technology company in Southeast Asia offering everyday services to consumers.
- Together, we have big dreams to unlock and financial inclusion for people in our region is just one. We want to build a digital bank with the right foundation - using data, technology and trust to solve problems and serve customers.
- The candidate we are looking for is resilient, well-grounded, and collaborative. He/she will be part of a team to provide FP&A support to the Technology division of the Digital Bank Business to ensure that overall financial targets are met.
- The person in this role is expected to be a good team player with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- In addition, strong Excel skills and the ability to work independently in a start-up environment will be crucial success factors.
The day-to-day activities:
- To support the regional FP&A team on both country and regional Month End Close processes through close cooperation with Accounting and Data teams
- To support the regional FP&A team in building financial models and templates.
- To support the regional FP&A team to ensure delivery of final budgets, forecasts, and corporate plans.
- To support the regional FP&A team on deep dives and analyses specifically on Technology spend
- To support the regional FP&A team to monitor and follow up on Tech mandays and software capitalization, KPIs, and financial performance against budgets and forecasts.
- To support the regional FP&A team in optimizing budgeting systems, management reporting systems, and other financial reporting interfaces.
- To support the regional FP&A or Strategy team on decks required for socializing financials with key stakeholders
- To support the regional FP&A team in assessing bank build costs across the region
- To support the regional FP&A team on any Adhoc queries from Business
- Take on other areas or initiatives as required.
The must haves:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting and/or Professional Qualification (ACCA/CIMA/CPA).
- Strong Excel skills in building complex financial models
- Exposure to Oracle ERP/EPM or other Accounting and management reporting systems.
- Understand Technology Vendor Contracts and the concept of Capitalisation
Attention to detail
- Preferably with experience in the banking industry.
- 2-3 years of experience in financial/business analysis and supporting cross-location teams
- Strong integrity and not afraid to raise concerns or highlight opportunities.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both within and across business units
- Good time management skills, able to deliver quality work on time.
- Structured thought process and strong analytical ability
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.