Financial Services - Senior, Extended Assurance - Banking & Capital Markets Conduct Regulation 1
At EY, our Financial Services Assurance Team is fully integrated, working across borders to help clients deal with issues that are critical to their success, and winning new business as a result.
Join our Extended Assurance team within EY’s Financial Services practice to deliver regulatory engagements across key regulatory risk areas such as: Conduct, Affordability and Complaint Handling to a range of clients from the largest global banks to new start-ups and disruptors.
Your key responsibilities
EY’s Financial Services Extended Assurance team works with clients to provide assurance over their approach to conduct regulation to ensure that their understanding and implementation of regulatory requirements both meets the need of the regulator and also allows for fair treatment of customers.
This is done through the appropriate use of assurance and process redesign skills, robust audit and other methodologies, innovative technology coupled with subject matter expertise and industry insight in the Financial Services market.
Join us and you'll work in a rapidly growing team on diverse and challenging projects enabling you to accelerate your career within an international and supportive environment. You'll also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory. As part of the Extended Assurance team you will work on the execution of a variety and diverse range of projects including;
- Regulatory remediation
- Regulatory compliance reviews
- Cultural assessments
- Governance Reviews
- Supporting Internal Audits in an SME capacity
- Skilled person projects and many more areas
You will work in complex multi-disciplinary teams, with responsibility for the overall execution of smaller projects and individual components of larger projects, under the guidance and direction of Managers, Directors and Partners.
Skills and attributes for success
- We are looking for individuals with a strong background in Financial Services and understand the UK regulatory regime, having worked in Compliance or Assurance functions within a Banking, Consumer Credit or Professional Services environment previously.
- You will have a good understanding of the impact of regulation on firms’ business models and how changes impact the treatment of customers.
- You will have a good technical understanding of Conduct Regulation and of the FCA Handbook covering areas such as: Mortgages, Savings, Consumer Credit and Complaints.
- You will have a good understanding of current regulatory hot topics and the impacts they have on firms, including aspects such as: Conduct Risk, Consumer Duty, Vulnerability
- You will have a passion for supporting firms identifying problems and fixes often in a time pressured environment.
- You have an ambition to become a Conduct specialist and to build your internal and external brand as a subject matter specialist in this area
- You will be flexible in your working style to encompass working remotely, in the office, as well as on client sites to deliver against the requirements of your engagements
- Knowledge and experience of working in a dynamic, demanding environment is essential
- Individuals who can demonstrate intellect, drive and focus, and the ability to succeed at EY
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Current FCA regulatory knowledge
- Proven experience of working effectively in a team
- Particular industry specialism in Financial services, either in Banking & Capital Markets or Consumer Credit
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A professional qualification such as ACCA / ACA or an equivalent in industry: CeMAP, CIA or ICA
What we look for
Your goal will be to help clients achieve their potential - and you can expect to do the same. As part of a supportive team, you'll have the opportunity to progress and build knowledge that will make a difference to your CV - and to your entire career.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Please note: Prior to finalising your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
We’re building the workplace of the future at EY – a place that’s smarter, more inclusive, more dynamic and more flexible. We're embracing change and helping our clients to adapt - to create more inclusive economic growth. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.