Fund Accountant, Associate 2
Who we are looking for
Reporting to a team manager within a Fund Accounting team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the oversight and preparation of client valuation reporting. This role will provide the candidate with exposure to all aspects of New Asset Value calculation, including responding to client queries. It is a unique role that requires an understanding of the NAV process and how different departments and geographical locations within State Street interact and work together to service our clients.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, money markets and pooling products, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As an Associate 2
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversight of daily/weekly/monthly fund calculations
- Periodic in-depth fund reviews
- Accurate and timely completion of fund related calculations
- Timely and accurate preparation of reporting
- Investigation and resolution of internal queries
- Manage client queries to ensure the highest level of service
- Build strong working relationships with clients and internal departments
- Identify any risks with processing and ensure that these are addressed
- Review of overall job process with a view to further efficiencies
- Manage own continued professional development, by engaging in the PPR process and attending relevant training per development pathways
- Engagement on project work within the team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong numerical / analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Highly computer literate – good knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Organised and deadline-driven on a day to day basis
- Escalation of relevant issues to manager on a timely basis
- Query management skills
- Self-driven and able to work on own initiative
- Positive attitude to change
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.