Head of Compliance| AMW CL| Union Place
AMW Capital Leasing and Finance PLC
AMW Capital Leasing and Finance PLC is a finance company registered under the central bank of Sri Lanka and a subsidiary company of AMW Group which is a leading corporate entity in Sri Lanka and the sole distributor for several world renowned automobiles and related brands, under the umbrella of Al-Futtaim Group, Dubai UAE.
AMW Capital Leasing currently comprises of 22 branches and is in the process of expanding its network to serve our customers better
- MBA in Finance or Master of Business Administration or LLB or Full Professional qualification from a professional accounting body.
- At least 10 years of working experience in compliance in the banking / non-banking sector with minimum 2-4 years in a similar capacity.
- Strong analytical and leadership skills, knowledge in accounting, tax, CBSL and other financial regulations with excellent communication & people management skills.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement, and revise policies and procedures designed to eliminate or minimize the risk of breach of regulatory requirements and ensure that compliance policies and procedures are clearly communicated to all levels of the company.
- Liaise with the CBSL, FIU, Financial Ombudsman and maintain a cordial relationship with them.
- Peruse and approve weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Returns to be submitted to the CBSL.
- Liaising with the company secretary and ensure that the company complies to the rules and regulations of the Colombo Stock Exchange and Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Ensure that mandatory Boards and Senior Management Committees function in timely manner fulfilling regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Supervision and coordination of all Compliance activities for the company on a regular and timely manner.
- Review and improve the compliance program based on the prioritized compliance risks to ensure that the company meets the regulatory requirements.
- Assist the management in Identifying, documenting, and assessing the compliance risks associated with the company’s activities (Compliance Risk Assessment).
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.