Business Risk Analyst - Associate 2
Who we are looking for
Support Business Risk Management Team, producing accurate timely governance papers, Management Information along with completion of various administrative tasks to support control reporting.
Why this role is important to us
State Street’s Business Risk Management Team is an independent control function which sits within the First Line of Defense (FLOD) and provides a key role in the independent assessment of the effectiveness of State Street’s control environment. The Business Risk Analyst, will be an integral member of Business Risk Management function, and will provide independent support and challenge to manage risk within the firm. The successful candidate will report to a BRM colleague, and will work collaboratively with internal and external parties in various jurisdictions. This is an exciting and varied role, offering a candidate an opportunity to support business management to effectively identify, evaluate and monitor risk through various firm-wide initiatives.
What you will be responsible for
As Business Risk Analyst
- Work in conjunction across First Line as well as with business partners and external parties as needed to ensure adherence to all policies/regulations/guidelines.
- Contribute to Projects in a support capacity to actively mitigate the key risks
- Under general supervision, provide support to the business unit on elements of policies and regulatory change impacting the First Line of Defense
- Maintain and continuously develop knowledge around core products, process, financial markets and technologies
- Continue to enhance and update industry knowledge and pursue additional expertise
- Provide administrative support for Internal/External Audits, GFAC – SOC1, Breach remediation, and SOC1 Comfort Letters.
- Review KRI data ensuring complete , accurate and appropriate for use,
- add necessary comments when required
- Produce formal reporting packs for key risk forums within the stipulated timelines
- Collate and consolidate data provided for the monthly governance committees
- Retain and publish project MI data on a monthly basis within stipulated timelines
- Provide administrative support for control orientated processes such as projects, SOC1 roll forward, NAV stats, log in reminders
- Administration of distribution lists
- Complete and publish governance evaluation process for relevant governance forums on an annual basis
- Assist with oversight of the client visit process - retain client visit tracker and associated documents, attending each visit opening and closing meeting and producing high level minutes, reviewing reports and remedial actions
- Arrange, attend, and when necessary take minute and distribute minutes for monthly Business Risk team meetings.
- Engagement in breach related processes: Breach remediation tracking, Breach remediation review and action closure
- Production of monthly / quarterly Client KRI reporting for applicable CSO clients
- Administration assistance with tracking and monitoring Business Risk management deliverables
- Monitor and action breach related emails within the GSUKMEA email group
- Administration and support on various ad hoc tasks and projects as applicable
- Prepare monthly process checklist for wider team
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong analytical techniques to allow investigation into the root cause of issues affecting business performance and to interrogate data/metrics
- Strong communication skills in order to build credibility with all levels of management across the business and explain objectives and results
- business acumen to identify and connect risks across the organization
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills in multi-location/geographic complex organization
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 2+ years’ experience in a business environment
- Previous analytical experience
- Degree level preferred or relevant experience
- Knowledge of operational controls,
- Understanding of SSC controls framework and associated risks
- Permanent contract from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- Gold medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programs
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.