Financial Accountant – UK and Ireland Statutory Specialist 12 month FTC
Role: Financial Accountant – UK and Ireland Statutory Specialist 12M FTCCareer level: 9 - Specialist
Accenture is a finance, technology and consulting company delivering change for our clients and our people across the globe. We’re helping drive a technology revolution—from digital to cloud to security—that’s sweeping across industries and governments in virtually every country. We collaborate with our clients—including 80% of the Fortune 500—to transform their businesses to anticipate the evolving needs of their customers. At the same time, we strive to enable our people to build their careers in an open environment of inclusion and diversity, complemented by our competitive employee benefits approach.
Our Global Finance team works at the heart of Dublin’s digital docklands to provide strategic, operational and analytical support across Accenture’s businesses. We drive career progression and skills development because we recognise that we succeed only when our people grow.
The Financial Accountant will partner with the UK and Ireland Country Controller to manage the statutory accounts preparation for internal Accenture entities in UK and Ireland.
- Involved in the preparation of the annual statutory financial statements for the UK and Ireland entities in line with established or filing deadlines
- Preparation of supporting schedules and working papers for the annual statutory audit
- Preparation of reconciliations between the US GAAP management and statutory (IFRS or FRS101 and FRS102) Ledgers
- Review and analysis of the Profit and Loss Account and Balance Sheet
- Ensure integrity and completeness of financial records
- Drafting of accounting treatment memorandums
- Liaising with auditors, answering queries and providing data as required
- Perform internal controls in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley/Senior Accounting Officer
- Involved in the accounting for acquisitions and liquidations
- Provide accounting support to the Associate Manager/Manager including responses to ad hoc requests
- Meet key reporting deadlines
- Participate in continuous quality improvement projects
- Provide reporting to management on issues, statistics, metrics and projects
- Accounting background with strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritise
- Sense of responsibility, initiative and high quality work standards
- Analytical and computer skills (MS Office – Excel, Word)
- Communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills
- Positive attitude and flexibility
- Prior experience of SAP an advantage
- Proficiency in English is required
- Professional accountancy qualification, e.g. ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CPA, AITI
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS/FRS102
- 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience, preferably in a practice environment
Does this appeal to you? If so, we wish to hear from you!
Please advise if you have any particular requirements, so we can look into arranging reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process. You can contact us at accessIErecruitment@accenture.com
What’s in it for you:
At Accenture Ireland, in addition to a competitive base salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes pension, private health insurance, discounted gym membership, emergency caring facilities, and 2 days’ leave per year for charitable work of your choice! Flexible working arrangements can be discussed depending on the position.
Please note you must have completed at least 12 months in your current position before you are eligible to search and apply for other internal opportunities.
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services — all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 674,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at accenture.com.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.