About the role:
At Next we have a fantastic opportunity for a Finance Accountant within our Stock Logistics Finance team based in Elmsall, Pontefract.
You will be part of a team responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate reporting of inventory in the financial accounts and for reporting shrinkage in the P&L.
Next have over 50 million units of stock across the retail and online operation. In addition to this we work closely with our Label and Total Platform partners holding in excess of over 3 million units of commission stock.
Inventory shrinkage occurs when the number of products in stock are fewer than those recorded on the inventory list. The discrepancy may occur due to operational or administrative errors, goods being damaged or lost or theft or fraud - you will play a big part in the financial reporting and investigation into this.
- Bi-annual budgeting and monthly forecasting of shrinkage P&L impact
- Responsibility to review all warehouse and store stock related balance sheets, including the forecasting and budgeting of various balances.
- Preparation of monthly shrinkage reporting in-readiness for senior finance management review
- Analyse shrinkage variances in comparison to prior year and budget, understanding and splitting out one offs and underlying shrinkage movements
- Report and analyse on the impact of shrinkage on Next’s different trading streams (Retail, UK Online, Label, International and Total Platform (TP))
- Support all stocktake processes, including :
- Liaising with external audit on results and any information requirements
- Comparison of results vs prior year and forecast
- Manage 3 direct reports through daily and month end tasks offering support and coaching when required
- Develop and support the reporting requirements to meet the information needs of TP partners.
- Identify improvements to streamline existing processes to improve the integrity of stock reporting and efficiency of processes
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis to support business needs
- Qualified or final level finance studier
- Experience leading and developing teams
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (esp. MS Excel) suite of products, Google Gsuite is desirable
- SQL experience would be desirable
- Excellent planning & organisation skills
- Demonstrates self motivation and an ability to work on own initiative and is confident making decisions
- Excellent written and verbal skills, coupled with the ability to comfortably present to all levels
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to think outside the box
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.
Apply Before 10/18/2022, 03:47 PM
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.