Senior Finance Manager - Technology Simplification
About the Team
The Financial Services division, led by the Group CFO, partners with all areas of the Commonwealth Bank to provide financial control and specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, security and property.
Technology & Operations Finance is responsible for the provision of financial control and management services to the Technology & Chief Operations Office divisions.
We work closely with our stakeholders to help them understand their technology and operations costs and deliver current and future strategic and financial plans.
See yourself in our team
Global Technology Services (GTS), is the largest area in Technology with Run spend of $730m and $180m on top of that on key projects.
GTS covers areas such as:
- Global Cloud and Hosting
- Networks Data Centre & Mainframe
- Service Management
- Strategy, Performance and Transformation – support of 2 key transformation projects: Tech Simplification (simplifying our technology estate) and Service Management Transformation
- End user experience – provision of laptops / mobile phones and remote working services across CBA
Key duties will include:
- Reporting to the Executive Manager you are responsible for business partnering with two key transformational programs
- Technology Simplification – seeking to rationalise, modernise and standardise the Group’s technology estate and applications and support the journey to cloud
- Service Management Transformation – seeking to uplift our application service management capability, standardise and embed across the group. This program is a key enabler of the Tech Simp project
- Preparation and presentation to senior audiences on monthly results including actionable insights, IT volume trends and drivers of cost, project spend and forecast
- Tracking of investment spend against allocation and forecast
- Preparation of program financial content for ELT and Senior Leadership
- Act as a key interface and co-ordination point between Finance, Strategy and EGM’s involved in the Technology Simplification program, utilising your stakeholder management skills to influence and drive outcomes
- Managing one direct report
We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks;
- People management experience including the ability to work autonomously, prioritise and manage workload, leveraging staff, experience in uplifting team performance, providing constructive feedback and the development of staff and team culture
- Effective stakeholder management skills with proven experience in advising, challenging and influencing senior stakeholders and business outcomes;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including presenting to senior level management
- Commercial, accounting and financial management experience including financial modelling and analytical skills and understanding of operational business drivers;
- Knowledge of the financial services and / or technology industry, including technology developments that are impacting Financial Services.
- CA/CPA/CFA qualified with up to 5+ years post qualification experience;
- Infrastructure, cloud and impact of variable cost base (desirable)
- Positive minded individual, with strong resilience and empathy
In Financial Services we take a proactive approach to your career development. Your on-going development would be part of an integrated development plan. If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities.
Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move.
If you would like to hear more about this role please Apply.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 18/10/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.