Kerry is the world's leading taste and nutrition company for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. Every day we partner with customers to create healthier, tastier and more sustainable products that are consumed by billions of people across the world. Our vision is to be our customers' most valued partner, creating a world of sustainable nutrition. A career with Kerry offers you an opportunity to shape the future of food while providing you opportunities to explore and grow in a truly global environment.
About the role
The Senior Compliance Accountant will be responsible for assisting with all matters related to taxation, month-end closing activities and financial statement account analysis. The successful candidate will also monitor legal, tax and regulatory changes and trends to identify and implement necessary actions to secure continued compliance.
Contract type : 6 Months Fixed Term
Work Location : Batangas - Philippines
Reporting to : APAC Country Compliance Director
- Prepare management accounts on a monthly basis to ensure adherence to local and IFRS requirements.
- Assume role of local lead in both internal and annual statutory Financial audit cycles, providing co-ordination and resolution activity as required.
- Preparation and delivery of various tax accounting reporting requirements including but not limited to the annual Corporation Tax computation, Transfer Pricing reporting, Indirect Tax submissions, monthly GST reporting, stamp duty obligations, FBT reporting and withholding tax returns including regular reconciliation for financial control purposes, Corporate governance and regulations include dealing with Custom & Tax authorities.
- Preparation and lodgement of annual returns to support Company Secretarial requirements including preparation of Board Minutes, convening of Board Meetings and supporting wider company secretarial activity
- Monitors legal, tax and regulatory changes and trends to identify and implement necessary actions to secure continued compliance, while pro-actively identifying emerging opportunities and threats, making recommendations to management
- Support local Treasury activity including both internal and government funding requests, cash forecasting, budgeting and pooling, arrangement of banking facilities and stewardship of Kerry’s Group insurance policies for Philippines
- Maintain Kerry’s Compliance Database and group compliance infrastructure as appropriate
- Ensures maintenance of accurate and complete financial records, in compliance with both legal requirements, local accounting and IFRS standards.
- Leads the effort of establishing, monitoring, and enforcing an effective internal controls environment. Liaises with internal and external auditors
- Identify best practices and continuous improvement opportunities and facilitates embedment of the practices into the organization.
- Support ad hoc Regional and global Finance initiatives
Qualifications and skills
- A qualified accountant that holds or studying towards a CPA/CA.
- At least 5 years professional experience in a previous compliance role preferred. Prior experience in big 4 or MNC is advantageous.
- Strong systems background preferred with familiarity in SAP strongly desirable
- Highly computer literate with strong emphasis on analytical skills. Candidates should be capable of analyzing and reporting on large volumes of data in a succinct and user-friendly manner
Technical Skills Competencies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- SAP knowledge
- P&L Management
- Astute business and commercial acumen
- Risk management
- Knowledge of Philippines local statutory requirement – audit, direct and indirect tax requirements
- Relationship builder (internally and with customers) with excellent communications skills
- Self-starter who can manage fluctuating workloads and projects using a high degree of initiative
- Results driven
- An analytical thinker capable of conveying technical information in a user-friendly manner
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and able to establish trust and credibility
- Strong communicator, comfortable interacting with confidence across a wide range of stakeholder.
- Takes personal accountability and ownership of actions to completion
- Familiarity with advanced MS Excel functionality and systems preferred
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.