Financial Accounting Team Lead (Vietnamese Speaker)
Team Lead is the 1st level of Supervisors who manage a team of Senior Specialists and Specialists. Team Lead reports to Operation Manager and collaborates with Business unit (BU) or Client teams for business deliverables and are the first level of escalation. A Team Lead is a trained operational staff who organizes and optimizes team’s performance to ensure that the execution of all accounting processes is in line with defined guidelines and standards, also helps the development and implementation of a Shared Service Center (SSC) model transactional functions, primarily in Finance (P2P, OTC and R2R) and supporting HR which includes some monthly payroll processing activities.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Review and be responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of the accounting reports and payments processing deliverables prepared by senior specialists and specialists.
- Attend to client’s / BU enquiries for accounting, payment processing and other operation matters
- Effective planning of engagement and deliverables and provide quality services.
- Set clear goals and deadlines with appropriate delegation of tasks.
- Acting as the primary point of contact for communication with the clients / BU for process deliverables.
- Quality of deliverables - review and approve staff’s work prior to delivery of final accounts / reports. Escalate to Operations Manager for final review if deemed necessary.
- Preparation of financial reports as per clients’ request.
- Manage client’s financial accounting closing process, monitoring and reporting systems.
- Provide effective support to the payroll functional team as and when required and ensure clear communication across the functions and team members.
- Assist Operations Manager in streamlining processes and efficient manpower planning.
- Ensure all internal policies / SOPs are strictly adhered by all staff.
- Ensure prompt reply / response to clients’ queries / correspondence in less than 2 working days.
- Ability to identify potential risks and take / recommend appropriate action.
- Ensure best practices of compliance with statutory / regulatory requirements.
- Any other tasks as and when assigned by the Management
- Must possess Bachelor of Accounting and pursuing accounting professional qualification ie. member of MIA/ACCA/CPA Australia.
- Minimum 6 - 8 years of relevant working experience.
- Must have supervisory experience and able to manage a team of at least 8 - 10 team members.
- Must be able to plan / manage, implement all aspects of the SSC’s internal policies.
- Familiar on accounting software is an advantage such as UBS, ACCPAC, Oracle, Quickbooks, SAP etc., Intermediate Microsoft Office skill is essential and advanced skill is desirable.
- Past relevant experience in supporting cross functions and / or multi-countries is advantageous.
- Pleasant, approachable and affirmative personality.
- Possess mid-level management, good communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Vietnamese (native/professional).
- Able to work independently, adapt to dynamically changing client and business needs.
- Multi-task and good team player.
- Act with sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.