Record to report (RTR) Controller in biopharma company
Finance Shared Services (FSS) organization was established as one of the key elements of new operating model for AbbVie to provide accurate financial accounting and reporting for all affiliates and business units. The FSS center for EMEA region is based in Krakow, Poland and is serving as a chief accounting and controllership function for all affiliates and manufacturing plants in the region, providing support in US GAAP accounting, tax and statutory compliance and reporting and in selected FP&A and order to cash processes. The center was established in 2013.
Record to Report Controller is responsible for Record to Report (RTR) process for dedicated Affiliate/s and coordination and oversight of accounting activities for this Affiliate as a first point of contact (FPOC) regarding process matters and technical accounting expertise in US GAAP.
Record to Report Controller drives and co-ordinates the financial close process, prepares and reviews journal entries, reconciliations, financial and accounting analysis, delivers resolution on operational open items (process and accounting), prepares BS and DSO planning.
Record to Report Controller reports to Regional Accounting and Reporting Manager.
- Maintain US GAAP and local ledgers including the preparation and/or review of related journal entries and reconciliations
- Drive and own the financial close process and calendar for the Affiliate or cluster of affiliates, including responsibility for execution of related SOX controls
- Support financial and accounting analysis involving complex transactions including but not limited to general accounting, fixed assets, intercompany and financial reporting activities/transactions
- Review and sign off on US GAAP Account reconciliations
- Preparation of flash reports for US GAAP, incl. commentaries
- Review month-end close and ensure compliance with Abbvie Group Accounting Policies
- Prepare the annual Entity plan, Balance sheet and DSO (Days Sales Outstanding) plan (incl. update), compare the Plan to actuals and provide to Finance Director/s variance analysis between actual and planned financial data focusing on business drivers
- Perform monthly monitoring and analysis of DSO
- Provide accounting treatment in line with Group policies to Affiliates
- Maintain Chart of Accounts in consultation with affiliates
- Serve as the key contact relating to all Record to Report activities for the affiliate or cluster of affiliates
- Drive and own the financial close process for the affiliate or cluster of affiliates
- Produce and review management and statutory reports with affiliates
- Provide Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) partner with guidance for resolution of accounting issues
- Support the Statutory/Fiscal Reports process with 3rd parties, where applicable
- Prepare tax miscellaneous filings and maintain record of all Regulatory Filings
- Prepare and obtain approval for RCE (Request for Capital Expenditure)
- Work closely with personnel in all departments to ensure compliance with company accounting and operational guidelines
- Assist in audit preparation and execution
- Work closely with FSS Regional Accounting and Reporting Manager and with the Finance Director/s of assigned affiliate/s to ensure high quality of the ledgers and full compliance with Accounting Policies
- Propose and implement initiatives aimed to improve efficiency and quality of the process
A driven, energetic person with very strong accounting expertise, able to act as focal point between different stakeholders, multitask and meet fixed deadlines.
- Master’s Degree with an accounting or finance
- 5+ years of progressive experience in accounting, planning and financial analysis
- Experience in an international environment - pharma sector is a plus
- Knowledge of the US GAAP standard is an asset
- ACCA , CPA, CIMA qualification or equivalent is a plus
- Strong computer skills, particular experience with Excel and SAP
- Professional proficiency of English, any other language would be an asset
- Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal skills enabling effective communication with all levels of management
- Individual must be self-motivated with great follow-up skills and be able to work independently
- Excellent stakeholder management skills are required
- Ownership and strong drive in an independent tasks execution
- Strong organizational skills required to coordinate and manage multiple cross divisional work process and projects
- Experience with continuous improvement projects and practical application of CPI methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma) would be an asset