Assistant Insurance Manager
Due to an internal promotion we are looking for an Assistant Insurance Manager to join our successful in-house insurance team. This team is responsible for the progressive management of our insurance program; covering the assets and liabilities across the group with an overall objective of reducing the total cost of insurance risk while protecting the balance sheet.
If you have substantial insurance experience, excellent interpersonal skills and are someone who thrives in a fast paced, challenging and demanding environment then we'd love to meet you and become part of a great team.
This role is predominately based in our head office in Leicestershire but we can offer one day a week working remotely.
About the role:
- Insurance renewals and general insurance service to the organisation
Working alongside the Group Insurance Manager you will undertake the insurance renewal process from the collection and submission of data, to the allocation of charges across all group companies and distribution of policy documentation. This will include optimising the insurance program so that it is cost effective with the broadest possible policy cover.
Day to day you will be communicating and negotiating with insurers, instructing insurance brokers to place appropriate insurance programmes to protect the business and using risk consultants to develop effective ways of protecting risks arising in the business.
- Advice provided to the business on insurance coverage
With strong contract experience (both commercial contracts and insurance policy wording) you will evaluate and advise on contracts as well as negotiating terms, balancing risk vs reward and analysing/modelling insurance cover to mitigate exposure.
This includes identifying new insurable risks & changes within the business and making recommendations for effective management of the insurable risks whether this be through traditional insurance methods, alternative risk vehicles or retention of insurable risk.
- Risk inspection programme
You will be responsible for running and organising our Risk Inspection Programme. From arranging the inspections right through to addressing all the Risk Improvements. You will liaise with our team here at Next and our Brokers and Insurers.
- Claims management
You will oversee the claims notification process across a wide array of insurances. This includes ensuring any claims are notified in line with the relevant timescales, some of these can be highly sensitive in nature. Seeking sufficient information for insurers or TPA’s to investigate claims and come to a decision on liability.
The role will also monitor the effectiveness of the claims handling services, through conducting regular review meetings with a view to continually improving our processes.
- External management
Alongside the Group Insurance Manager, building and maintaining relationships including insurance brokers, insurers, reinsurers, legal advisors, loss adjusters, risk consultants, captive managers and risk/trade bodies. Internally you will work with every other area of the business in some form but mainly with Warehouse & Distribution, Retail, Finance, Legal, HR, Health & Safety and IT.
Regular review meetings are held with brokers to keep abreast of market conditions and prepare for negotiation of cover renewal.
- Experience in insurance (we’re open to insurer, broker and in-house insurance backgrounds). You will demonstrate expert knowledge and experience in advising in general classes of insurance stretching from liability, motor & property through to D&O and healthcare type insurances.
- Organised, thorough and excited by a challenge. You’ll work well in a busy and fast moving environment, managing key stakeholders to plan, prioritise and juggle multiple work streams and projects whilst working to strict deadlines.
- High level of integrity, resilience and professionalism, with the drive to succeed.
- Ability to constructively challenge and question, coupled with a logical thought process to critically assess and resolve complex business issues.
- Holds a formal insurance or risk management qualification or progressing towards.
- Head Office Bonus Scheme – dependent upon Next Brand Profit targets being achieved (6% paid in 2020) Pays out in April, have to be in the business the previous year for it to pay out the following April
- Employee Share Save Scheme (save up to £250 per month) offered once a year in October when share price is released. If the share price doesn’t increase, no money will be lost
- Contributory Pension Scheme (After 3 Months 5% employee/3% employer)
- Staff Discount of 25% (on most Next merchandise)
- 25 days holiday entitlement (Increases with service) and can buy and sell up to 3 days a year up to the total of 33 days
- Free access to Aviva’s Digital GP app
- Free parking on site
- On site Nursery in Enderby – rated outstanding by Ofsted
- Restaurant, juice bar and coffee shop on site in Enderby. Restaurant and coffee shops in South Elmsall and Doncaster
- Normal working hours will be 36 per week and will be from 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday (inclusive) and 9.00am to 4.45pm on Friday with a 45 minute unpaid lunch break each day. You may need to work reasonable additional hours to fulfill your duties.
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.
Apply Before 10/28/2022, 03:23 PM
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.