Head of Capital Planning - SVP
Citibank Europe plc (“CEP”) has assets of circa $120 billion and branches in 22 European countries. CEP is authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland and as a significant European financial institution, is supervised under the Single Supervisory Mechanism by the European Central Bank (“ECB”).
As Head of Capital Planning you will be leading the Finance Capital planning team that is responsible for delivery of the ICAAP, preparation and monitoring of capital forecasts including RWA forecasts, daily monitoring of capital usage by business and large exposure approvals as well as partnering with Risk on various regulatory initiatives including the ECB Stress Test. You will drive enhanced standards for the capital management process and ensure all work is underpinned by a robust control framework.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate with a large range of stakeholders across Citigroup. The position provides the opportunity to deepen your understanding of the forthcoming regulatory changes in a growing and dynamic global bank while also playing a key role in shaping the banks future capital strategy.
This Role is a “Controlled Function” Role as defined by the Central Bank of Ireland Reform Act 2010 and Principal Regulations 2011, and amending Regulations 2014, 2015.
- Manage delivery and completion of annual ICAAP submission.
- Partner with Risk on regulatory stress testing initiatives, including capital impact (e.g. EBA/ECB Stress Test).
- Support the CEP businesses by providing daily capital usage metrics
- Forecasting RWA for inclusion in ICAAP and capital assessments.
- Monitoring and demonstrating compliance with SREP guidance and institution specific feedback.
- Provide key updates on regulatory matters at various CEP Governance fora (e.g. ExCo, Audit Committee, Board Risk Committee Board, and various SteerCo).
- Management of ad-hoc regulatory requirements as they arise in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensuring that the control framework which supports regulatory deliverables, is standardised and robust.
- Leading and developing the team – leveraging and encouraging diverse perspectives and individuals.
- Partnership with other functions and business to add value to Citi.
- Applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervising the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
Skills and Experience
- Strong Finance professional, with experience in a similar capital management role across complex highly regulated entities.
- Thorough understanding of the capital adequacy regime (CRR, CRD, Basel etc.).
- Expert knowledge of calculation of RWA under both standardised and models and including Counterparty Credit Risk (IMM & SA-CRR), VAR/SVAR, CVA, Credit Risk, Operational Risk.
- Experience in communicating and interacting with senior management, regulators, and auditors.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Embraces continuous improvement.
- Positive and proactive attitude.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Valuing Diversity with appreciation for a diverse workforce.
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience.
- Professional qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent, would be preferred.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.