CEM Product Control – External Reporting
The external reporting function handles the oversight of the financial statements and management reporting, ensuring a sound control environment; understands and applies the accounting treatments and ensures compliance with appropriate corporate and regulatory requirements; coordinates the preparation of quarterly regulatory requirements; validates balance sheet items and understands balance sheet usage and reporting.
- Apply up-to-date product/industry/market knowledge in specialty areas of reporting
- Consolidate, review, and analyze quarterly financial data for accuracy and completeness. Perform quarter-over-quarter variance analytics
- Coordinate data collection and quarterly business results with various lines of business, Regulatory Controllers and SEC reporting teams
- Assist in the thorough assessment of the issues and outcomes
- Clearly communicate financial information to the lines of businesses and able to flag potential issues
- Participate in various aspects for the production, review and filing of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports for various regulatory agencies that are used by the regulators for compiling widely-used statistics on the levels of, and changes in, domestic and international portfolio positions
- Adhere to proof & control procedures to ensure accurate reconciliation between regulatory filings, SEC filings and other published financial reports (e.g., Form 10-Q, Annual Report/Form 10-K, Call Report & FR Y-9C, Pillar III, etc)
- Adhere to various control procedures and edit checks to ensure the integrity of reported financial results
- Ensure accurate and complete data submission to the Regulators
- Interpret and define regulatory and/or SEC requirements and coordinate internal and external policies
- Establish and manage relationships with the line of business as well as with external regulatory agency constituents through ongoing partnership and dialogue
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts around data quality review and external reporting improvement projects
- 3+ years in a Finance organization with exposure to accounting, financial statements, and/or regulatory reporting
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Experience in Product Control, Financial Control or knowledge of SEC reporting/Reg Reporting a plus
- Strong skills in time management, problem solving, written and oral communication
- Team player, with ability to work effectively across diverse functions, locations and businesses
- Excellent Excel and computer skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Extremely strong organizational and time management skills
- Project management experience/skills helpful
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.